What's new

newbie got poblem to get back deleted sms

loporski

Reaction score
hellloooo...
just got my iphone last week and still doing nothing with it...not even sync wit my netbook...
can anyone tell me can i retrieved back my deleted sms because i ve deleted an important sms...can anyone help me plizzzzzzz

As far as I can tell, the only way to retrieve deleted items from your iPhone is to use the backed up versions of it. That is, if you did back them up.

ok..can tell how to perform backup? and the step after it? really appreciate ur help...its very important...i must get it back...

ok..can tell how to perform backup? and the step after it? really appreciate ur help...its very important...i must get it back...

Connect your phone to your computer, open up iTunes, you will see your iPhone icon in the left panel in iTunes. Right click on that iPhone icon and in the drop list you will see "backup" click on it and let iTunes backup your phone files. To restore do the same till the right click on the iPhone icon, in the drop list select restore and it will give choices of backups in case you've made many backups. Select the desired backup and let iTunes restore it to your phone.

You can't get it back once it has been deleted and you've never even performed a back up. Sorry :(

meaning all deleted sms before backup will never get?

meaning all deleted sms before backup will never get?

Correct, all deleted files before backup are gone forever. And if you have let me say ABCD files in your phone and back them up using iTunes, then after that you delete AB from the phone and leave only CD and sync your phone to your iTunes, iTunes will overwrite the old backup files from ABCD to CD, so what you do when you don't want iTunes to overwrite one of your backup is to manually create a backup and even give it a name. Do the procedure I said in my previous post to manually create your reference backups from time to time. iTunes backup your files but it only backup what actually is in your phone the moment you backing up and it will overwrite the old backup the next time you trying to sync.

Last edited:
from what i understand from ur post is that i can still get the privious sms...its only the matter of folder that i ll create...am i rite?

from what i understand from ur post is that i can still get the privious sms...its only the matter of folder that i ll create...am i rite?

Understand that there are 2 backups: -one that itunes auto create and overwrite everytime you connect you iPhone to your computer and
-one that you can create by your self. If you create a backup which you name let me say XYZ Backup 10/10/10 all the informations present in your phone at the moment you are making the backup will be save in that XYZ backup. At the same time, itunes will automaticaly over write it own backup. Now after creating that XYZ backup you decide to delete some 10 contacts, 10 SMS, 10 mms, from the phone. When you reconnect your phone to your iTunes, It will overwrite the existing iTunes backup to the actual informations present in the phone which of course will result of an auto itunes backup with 10 contacts missing, 10mms missing, 10 SMS missing etc...
But your backup XYZ will still be there and still having those 10contacs, 10mms, 10sms informations in it.
The day you will want to get that those 10 contacts, 10mms etc info back into your phone, you will connect your phone to your iTunes and then right click on your phone icon and select restore, a dialogue box will display asking you to chose what backup you want. You have a choice between your XYZ Backup and the iTunes backup. And ofcourse the files you need are in the XYZ backup so that's what you will select and restore it into your phone and those deleted files, 10mms, 10sms, etc... will all be back into your phone.

Understand that there are 2 backups: -one that itunes auto create and overwrite everytime you connect you iPhone to your computer and
-one that you can create by your self. If you create a backup which you name let me say XYZ Backup 10/10/10 all the informations present in your phone at the moment you are making the backup will be save in that XYZ backup. At the same time, itunes will automaticaly over write it own backup. Now after creating that XYZ backup you decide to delete some 10 contacts, 10 SMS, 10 mms, from the phone. When you reconnect your phone to your iTunes, It will overwrite the existing iTunes backup to the actual informations present in the phone which of course will result of an auto itunes backup with 10 contacts missing, 10mms missing, 10 SMS missing etc...
But your backup XYZ will still be there and still having those 10contacs, 10mms, 10sms informations in it.
The day you will want to get that those 10 contacts, 10mms etc info back into your phone, you will connect your phone to your iTunes and then right click on your phone icon and select restore, a dialogue box will display asking you to chose what backup you want. You have a choice between your XYZ Backup and the iTunes backup. And ofcourse the files you need are in the XYZ backup so that's what you will select and restore it into your phone and those deleted files, 10mms, 10sms, etc... will all be back into your phone.

wow learnt something from this thanks

ive clicked the iphone icon but its required me to registered first..i ve done all the instruction but still notin when i right click iphne icon...can u teach me again?

finally i can restore back my deleted msg but sadly the previous sms i deleted before backup are not available anymore...

ive clicked the iphone icon but its required me to registered first..i ve done all the instruction but still notin when i right click iphne icon...can u teach me again?

When you click on the iPhone icon in iTunes you don't see backup in the list?