What's new

Backed up sms

rockyroidboy

Reaction score
Hello

Can anyone help please.

I want to delete all the backed up sms messages off my iphone that can't be seen. Is this possible?

Best Wishes

Hello

Can anyone help please.

I want to delete all the backed up sms messages off my iphone that can't be seen. Is this possible?

Best Wishes
all the backuped sms are not in your phone but in your computer itunes. What you can do on your phone is to delete those sms you can see in the sms app, after that, sync your phone to your itunes on your computer and the backups in your computer are all gone as well.

iTunes will backup everything on the iPhone, including SMS messages and contacts.
In iTunes, with the iPhone selected on the left, click the Info tab and make sure Contact syncing is enabled.
More reviews: Besides what said above, there is a same article about how to transfer SMS massages from iPhone to computer, which can help you transfer SMS from iPhone to PC for backup.
hopefully this works for all of you like it just worked for me!

Last edited:
Hello

Can anyone help please.

Best Wishes
Mine is little different.
I want to back up my SMS, so I can see later if needed but don't want to use iTunes because I don't want these message appear in my iPhone :). any ideas?