What's new

New to the forum, and I have a quick question also!

iPhone4SNoob

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm AJ. I just got the iPhone 4S yesterday, which still makes me wonder if I got it to close to a possible close iPhone 5 release. Anyway, regarding imessage, is it normal for it to take 5-10 seconds to deliver the message, while other times its almost instant to deliver the message?

Thanks for the help and input. Have a great day!

Hello everyone, I'm AJ. I just got the iPhone 4S yesterday, which still makes me wonder if I got it to close to a possible close iPhone 5 release. Anyway, regarding imessage, is it normal for it to take 5-10 seconds to deliver the message, while other times its almost instant to deliver the message?

Hi, welcome to the forum! Here are a few helpful links. cv| iPhone tips | iPhone Tips & Tricks | What is jailbreaking? | Thinking of Jailbreaking but are not sure? | iPhone Unlocking Guide for Beginners iPhoneForums.net Mobile App

iPhoneForums.net Forum Rules - Please Read and Respect our Rules

poisonivy……iPF STAFF.

Last edited:
iPhone4SNoob said:

Yes....it's totally normal.

Tho 10 seconds seems rather long...it could be due to a week wifi/data connection, or due to switching networks during the sending process.

Either way, as long as the message sends you should have nothing to worry about.

Yes....it's totally normal.

Tho 10 seconds seems rather long...it could be due to a week wifi/data connection, or due to switching networks during the sending process.

Either way, as long as the message sends you should have nothing to worry about.

I don't think its a week data connection, I'm getting full bars, signal from my home and I have the Wi-Fi shut off?

iPhone4SNoob said:
I don't think its a week data connection, I'm getting full bars, signal from my home and I have the Wi-Fi shut off?

iMessage does not go through your cellular network...which is what the network bars show.

iMessage goes through your *cellular data* connection. Like your 3G Internet...not the sent the same way call and SMS are sent. So it still could be from a week data connection...regardless of how full bars are.