What's new

Does anyone else experience a 5-econ10 sd delay to deliver iMessages?

iPhone4SNoob

Reaction score
I just got an iPhone 4S a couple days ago and this has been bothering me. When I'm iMessaging someone, sometimes the messages will deliver instantly, and sometimes it'll take 5-10 seconds just to deliver the message, sometimes more. It just annoys me, because it seems like no matter what, the other participants messages will be delivered almost instantly to my phone all the time. Is there something wrong? I have the Wi-Fi turned off if that's relevant.

Thanks Guys, enjoy the weekends.

Last edited:
That usually happens to me when I'm in an area with low service bars... And on bad wifi. But it is rare in most cases. For me.

Well you gotta understand that iMessage actually uses your data to send the message. So it's most likely just your data speeds being a little slow which will slow down the actual sending of the message slightly like you're describing.

Sent from my cellular device

Well you gotta understand that iMessage actually uses your data to send the message. So it's most likely just your data speeds being a little slow which will slow down the actual sending of the message slightly like you're describing.

So how can I increase the data speeds? It's annoying because when my friends are sending iMessages, it almost always delivers instantly where I have to wait 2-10 seconds for the "deliver" sign to appear.

I preformed a test using the app Speed Test...and for the download i got 0.88mbps, and for the upload...I got 0.30mps and a ping of 337. Is that lower than normal, assuming that my imessages to a bit longer to send becuase I have slower data speeds?

By the way, nice fox body. I got the new 2012 Mustang GT 5.0 Roush Stage 1. Glad they brought the 5.0 back.

That's pretty slow honestly. Who do you have service with? There's really nothing to do to speed it up because your speeds aren't very quick for 3G. I get about 2mbps download speeds and mine even lags a little sometimes. I just learned to deal with it. It's not really that big of a deal.

Oh that's not mine lol. I just love the picture. Ive owned 3 fox bodies though. Just sold my 91 lx hatch 5.0 a few months ago and got a 92 eagle talon tsi turbo awd because of gas prices. You sir are very lucky! Those new 5.0's are so sweet. I drove a couple when they first came out when I worked at a ford dealership. Waited till the managers left and took one out for a spin after it rained. I fell in love.

Here's my 91 that I sold a few months ago. I miss it so much.
42577eba-c797-9dd1.jpg
42577eba-c7a4-3066.jpg
42577eba-c7ad-2ef9.jpg

Last edited: