What's new

New to the Apple products

Lancelee80

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I just got a new iPhone 4s and I love it! I came over from a Droid, which was nice at first, but gave me constant problems. I also bought my wife the Asus Epad, and after having issues with that, I sucked it up and bought her the iPad2. So, besides their computer (which I'm sure is next), i'm slowly turning into an Apple geek. I do have a few questions:
I purchased a Acase for my iPhone, which is nice but boring. Any other suggestions on cases that are drop proof that are nice to look at? (I have a 2 year old so needs to be something tough). Also, any suggestions on a case for the iPad2 would be nice also, even though this isn't an iPad forum.
The ONE thing I miss from my droid was its navigation, is there any apps that are worth getting since there isn't a turn-by-turn navigation pre-installed? (have to say I was surprised and disappointed with this)

Thanks for the help

Lancelee80 said:
Hello everyone! I just got a new iPhone 4s and I love it! I came over from a Droid, which was nice at first, but gave me constant problems. I also bought my wife the Asus Epad, and after having issues with that, I sucked it up and bought her the iPad2. So, besides their computer (which I'm sure is next), i'm slowly turning into an Apple geek. I do have a few questions:
I purchased a Acase for my iPhone, which is nice but boring. Any other suggestions on cases that are drop proof that are nice to look at? (I have a 2 year old so needs to be something tough). Also, any suggestions on a case for the iPad2 would be nice also, even though this isn't an iPad forum.
The ONE thing I miss from my droid was its navigation, is there any apps that are worth getting since there isn't a turn-by-turn navigation pre-installed? (have to say I was surprised and disappointed with this)

Thanks for the help

Hi!

Would definitely suggest a silicone case for the iphone, they provide great protection , look nice and feel really great! Lookup Belkin TruGrip and also Puro.

For ipad, I would suggest a hard cover for the back (i had a Belkin as well) and a smart cover for the front and you should be good to go!

As for navigation, there are a few,MLS destinator and Navigon are very good. Soon you wont miss stuff from droid.

Since you have a 2 year old, check out lifeproof cases. Spendy, but waterproof, and I am assuming juice proof, milkproof, etc lol.....

G'day & welcome to the FoRuM!!! :)

Thank you everyone, I appreciate your suggestions, I will look at them all. I really like my case I have now (Acase), but like I said, it's just boring haha. And I'm surprising my wife with a new 4s at the end of the month for her birthday, so would like to get a case for her as well, but shhh, it's a surprise.

iMarilina, do you prefer one of the navigation apps over the other? And with the Navigon, I assume the Navigon USA? There are a lot of "Navigon"s =)
And I don't mind paying that much if it's worth it, but a bit surprised at the prices for a good navigation app.

Last edited:
Lancelee80 said:
iMarilina, do you prefer one of the navigation apps over the other? And with the Navigon, I assume the Navigon USA? There are a lot of "Navigon"s =)
And I don't mind paying that much if it's worth it, but a bit surprised at the prices for a good navigation app.

Well i would suggest the Navigon version for the country you are in LOL!
Yea navigon is very good and worth it.