What's new

New to iphone

putney1477

Reaction score
I don't even have an iPhone yet. I have a ton of questions. I have never used an iPhone, my contract with Verizon is up and I was seriously thinking of switching from android to iPhone.

Can I still sync my google calendar, gmail and all that to the iPhone?

Is the battery life any better? I mean, I go thru 3 batteries a day....with average useage.

Do I have to use iTunes?

It seems pretty easy to jailbreak. I usually root and mod my android phones.

Does it have widgets?

Sorry if these seem like silly questions. I guess what I really should do is go into a store and play with an iPhone 4, just to see.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

Heather

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Can I still sync my google calendar, gmail and all that to the iPhone? Yes. Just set it up under Settings>Mail when you get it. You can sync email, contacts, tasks, calendars, etc (as a little side note, I generally find the gmail on my iPhone is better than on android phones lol in terms of time it takes to receive and stuff)

Is the battery life any better? I mean, I go thru 3 batteries a day....with average useage. Generally speaking, yes. Although if you are going through 3 batteries a day you will probably want a backup charger!

Do I have to use iTunes? Depends on what you are talking about. To add music, videos, pictures, etc yes, but otherwise no, you don't need it. It is handy for backups and that kind of stuff though.

It seems pretty easy to jailbreak. I usually root and mod my android phones. Yes, but this one will most likely take a looooooong time to jailbreak lol but we will see. Unless you are getting an iPhone 4, then yes you can jailbreak it, as long as it isn't on ios 6 when you get it.

Does it have widgets? Hah! Lol sorry, but no it doesn't. It has 'widgets' in the notification pull down, but that is limited to weather and stocks.

Sorry if these seem like silly questions. I guess what I really should do is go into a store and play with an iPhone 4, just to see.