What's new

New to Iphone

Jbequer

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am going to get the iphone5. I'm currently an android user and have been using an ipad for the last 6 months. I love the ios and how easy it is to use, I love how easy the ios devices synch. My android experience has been pretty good until I tried to sync to my ipad, what a pain. With the iphone, I know it will be a much easier transition
I have a question about the iphone5, is it at all possible to make the font size on the apps themselves larger. Yeah, aging eyes, it would nice if that was possible.

Thanks.

Hi everyone, I am going to get the iphone5. I'm currently an android user and have been using an ipad for the last 6 months. I love the ios and how easy it is to use, I love how easy the ios devices synch. My android experience has been pretty good until I tried to sync to my ipad, what a pain. With the iphone, I know it will be a much easier transition
I have a question about the iphone5, is it at all possible to make the font size on the apps themselves larger. Yeah, aging eyes, it would nice if that was possible.

Thanks.

Many apps do allow for resizing fonts - Kindle, for example. I'm 50 and I feel your pain.. but I'm finding that font size isn't such a big issue due to the way the screen was designed. Perhaps you could go to a store and play with an iPhone for a few minutes? That helped me quite a bit in my purchase decision.

My son has one and many people at my work. I'm definitely getting one, I was just hoping it would be able to do this.

Another feature I wish it had, is the ability to control volume levels for notification, emails, text and ringer independently . It would be nice to have presets for different event such as in meeting, with patient, sleep exc. I know that the do not disturb function is there, but I will not control individual volumes. Sometimes it would be nice to be able to have my ringer off, while still having other notification at a low volume that I had preset when I am with patients.
This is something I will miss from the android phone, " 3rd party apps". I wish apple comes up with some sort of better volume controls.

Last edited:
Thanks.
Ever tried to sync Commodore 64 to Ipad or to Android device?, same pain. In simple terms, two different devices. Both great, but do not work very well together. So do not fault Android or iOS.