What's new

New to Apple

michael8555

Reaction score
I have recently converted from a Android based phone to an Iphone 4s and the difference is night and day. The problem is that I know nothing about blobs, SHSH, Tiny Umbrella or Cydia. From everything I am reading I messed up when I upgraded to IOS 5.1 since I would love to jailbreak this phone and discover its real potential. I am by know means a computer whiz but seem to be able to accomplish whatever I want to when it comes to my gadgets. I hope that this is posted in the right place and that you guys don't think that I am a total idiot.

I have recently converted from a Android based phone to an Iphone 4s and the difference is night and day. The problem is that I know nothing about blobs, SHSH, Tiny Umbrella or Cydia. From everything I am reading I messed up when I upgraded to IOS 5.1 since I would love to jailbreak this phone and discover its real potential. I am by know means a computer whiz but seem to be able to accomplish whatever I want to when it comes to my gadgets. I hope that this is posted in the right place and that you guys don't think that I am a total idiot.
try this too.

Ongoing Jailbreaking Methods Thread for Convenience
Moderation Notice​: We have an ongoing [url]http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/iphone-jailbreaking-17/jailbreaking-methods-iphone-18519/[/URL]"]Jailbreaking Methods Guide[/URL] for your convenience.

If, and ONLY if, you have saved your SHSH blobs for iOS 5.0.1, take a look at this link: http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39409

It's the only option at this moment for Jailbreaking the iPhone 4S - downgrading it to iOS 5.0.1 and then jail breaking it there. However, if you did not save the blobs for that firmware version when they were available, I'm afraid you'll have to wait and keep an eye out for a jail break on 5.1 (which we all hope is close...).

Marilyn