What's new

New Survey Finds iPhone X Owners Love Everything About Their Phones Except Siri

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
iPhone X owners love everything except Siri about their phones.JPG

Forbes reports today on a new survey from Tech.pinions that polled early iPhone X adopters with the aim of finding out what features they like best and least about their new iPhone, and also how satisfied they are overall with the phone.

For the most part, the survey has very good news for Apple, as it seems like the iPhone X owners polled are very happy indeed with their new phones.
“When it came to overall customer satisfaction, iPhone X owners in our study gave the product an overall 97% customer satisfaction,” said Tech.pinions’ Ben Bajarin. “While that number is impressive, what really stands out when you do customers satisfaction studies is the percentage who say they are very satisfied with the product. Considering you add up the total number of very satisfied, and satisfied, to get your total customer satisfaction number a product can have a high number of satisfied responses and lower number of very satisfied responses and still achieve a high number. The higher the very satisfied responses, the better a product truly is. In our study, 85% of iPhone X owners said they were very satisfied with the product.”

Interestingly, the only iPhone X feature that polled below 60% in the survey was Siri, which scored just 20%, which will be quite a worrying statistic for Apple, especially as Siri is not exactly a new feature, where you might expect some early teething troubles.

Source: Apple iPhone X Fans Find One Major Flaw

Half the time “Siri” does not work correctly on my iPhone X. Very disappointing. This is a fantastic phone with Siri being the one bad spot.

Siri is a joke compared to Google voice search. I understand that Siri can access certain functions on an iPhone that Google doesn't have access to, but it's very seldom that I would ever try to use Siri for those functions. What I really want is a voice search function that can understand natural English questions and search requests without returning stupid misinterpretations of what I've said. Google does that almost 100% of the time. Sometimes Siri amazes me at how inept it is. Siri is more convenient, but not if I then have to go do a Google search anyway.

I use Siri sporadically and honestly have to say that I don't experience the issues I read about online.

I'm not using it daily, but I give her enough use that I feel I can accurately claim that it's not as bad as people make it out to be. Am I alone?

I use Siri sporadically and honestly have to say that I don't experience the issues I read about online.

I'm not using it daily, but I give her enough use that I feel I can accurately claim that it's not as bad as people make it out to be. Am I alone?

While I never, ever, use Siri, my wife on the other hand uses it for EVERYTHING.

I feel like Siri, just like any other good or service, you always only hear about the negatives, because people with problems tend to be the ones to make the most noise. While the rest of us actually having positive experiences don't have anything to talk about since it's performing as it should so we're not saying anything about how great Siri really is.

You always only ever hear about the complaints, hardly the positives.

I use Siri most days, so I see the good and the bad. I’m hopeful that the new talent from Google will help. I use Siri on iPhone X, Apple Watch, and Homepod with Apple TV, and it’s not the same experience everywhere. Speeding up the voice processing and making the activation word programmable would be my best term suggestions. Long term, making Siri smarter would be great, too, but I still feel like Alexa and the rest are more key word driven than AI.

We use Siri a lot. Apple TV is my wife’s favorite as she uses Siri all the time looking for movies or in Apple Music songs etc.all ways accurate. I use Siri in the car (Subaru Impreza) with car play. Sending messages and calling some one in the phone book and asking directions in maps. I can ask to play a playlist seems to work fine. I have a iPhone X and iPhone 6. So most in car stuff is through the phones. We also use the homepod however Siri is not as good on that device however that’s not unusual for a new product Siri does have issues yes and I understand we will see changes and improvements soon. In my opinion Siri should be consistent across devices but it is not. Apple TV is the best out of the above. That’s my 2 cents or Australian dollar worth.

Only issue I have with Siri is when the phone that is connected to my radio isn't the one Siri locks on. Try it with two iPhones, they both start Siri then one (usually the 8) shuts Siri down so only one is 'online'