What's new

New Rumour Says Next iPhone is Due Fall 2012 and Will Have Same Size Screen

The iphone will still sell whether it be 3.5 or 4 inches.

Yeah I think 4.6 is ridiculous and knew that was not right, no way apple would go that route. But I was hoping for 4inches, with that screen resolution 4inches would have went along way. Its bigger than the standard 3.5 (which is played out to be honest) but still small enough that people can carry in their pockets. I think the cut off is around 4 to maybe 4.5 (unless you do like samsung did with the galaxy nexus). I do not like the samsung galaxy note, that too me is just too big. By the way its a relief to be at a place where I can name off apple and android products and a riot hasnt broken out and the mods were not called in to police the place. Not to name other places but we have android forums where if you say the word apple people go nuts.
I had to smile at that as its so true,when i was really new to Apple and was asking on an Apple forum about android v iphone i was almost chased off,almost put me off forums as it was my first visit lol.

I don't get the feud.

Any research you find clearly states the iPhone is more secure..and slightly less customizable. Unless its jailbroken. (in my opinion, no phone beats a jailbroken iPhone...if iPhones could not be jailbroken, I might want some type of Android)

And the security is far more harder to crack, then that of Android.

Pretty much all other information about Android/iPhone, apart from those proven facts above is purely personal preference, and speculation.

We,re going a little off topic here so sorry for that,i was told back then that Apple forums were the worst if you as much as aluded to other platforms but clearly this forum isnt like that.

We,re going a little off topic here so sorry for that,i was told back then that Apple forums were the worst if you as much as aluded to other platforms but clearly this forum isnt like that.

Not like that by far. I've truly enjoyed moderating on this forum. There really isn't that much to watch as a majority of the time, the members truly do respect other opinions and don't get up in arms about things. Mature, adult conversations are great here. Learn a lot of things by looking at all technologies with an open mind.

jkhonea said:
Not like that by far. I've truly enjoyed moderating on this forum. There really isn't that much to watch as a majority of the time, the members truly do respect other opinions and don't get up in arms about things. Mature, adult conversations are great here. Learn a lot of things by looking at all technologies with an open mind.

+1......Agreed..I am a fan if technology. Not just Apple devices.

Can we please copy the last few posts and share that with our sister Android forums. I like both android and apple and like having a mature discussion about them. You guys here deserve kudos.

pc747 said:
The iphone will still sell whether it be 3.5 or 4 inches.

Yeah I think 4.6 is ridiculous and knew that was not right, no way apple would go that route. But I was hoping for 4inches, with that screen resolution 4inches would have went along way. Its bigger than the standard 3.5 (which is played out to be honest) but still small enough that people can carry in their pockets. I think the cut off is around 4 to maybe 4.5 (unless you do like samsung did with the galaxy nexus). I do not like the samsung galaxy note, that too me is just too big. By the way its a relief to be at a place where I can name off apple and android products and a riot hasnt broken out and the mods were not called in to police the place. Not to name other places but we have android forums where if you say the word apple people go nuts.

A 4.6 inch screen isn't that ridiculous if you think about it. That's only 1/4 inch on each side and if they made it closer to the edge of the phone it would be perfect. The phone itself would still be relatively the same size it is now. Just my humble opinion. : )

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

People who haven't held a 4.6" device will claim it's too big. I've had 3.2"-5". 4.6" is getting up there, but would still be fine. Most of the rumors I've heard state a 4" screen, which would be great.

i use android as of now i have been back and forth between the 2 i am waiting on specs to come out on the 5 .. needs 4g and i would like to see 4 to 4.5 inch screen ..

HDMI out would be great but i doubt that happen.

i use android as of now i have been back and forth between the 2 i am waiting on specs to come out on the 5 .. needs 4g and i would like to see 4 to 4.5 inch screen ..

HDMI out would be great but i doubt that happen.

What will happen first Apple iphone has hdmi out or motorola gets the next nexus?

chantelle310 said:
Now that I've got an iPad screen size would not be a major issue for me. It would be nice to see a larger screen though, but nothing humongous like the Samsung.

Sent from my White iPad 3rd Gen. 32gb using Tapatalk

I agree. Now I have the 4s, and the ipad . Screen size don't matter to me anymore.

Last edited:
I had an htc Evo 4G (4.3" screen) and switched to the iPhone 4S. At first I thought the smaller screen of the iPhone would result in a horrible typing experience but I was dead wrong - typing was my only worry about switching. The keyboard on the iPhone is amazing and I don't make near as many typo's on my iPhone as I did on the Evo 4G.

I'll switch to the new iPhone to get 4G LTE, I'm not really worried about keeping the same screen size.

Just my $0.02