What's new

[email protected]

Reaction score
First exposure to anything Apple.

Over 45 years experience with IBM & over 30 years experience with Microsoft.

Yes, it can be done if your older than dirt; that's me.

My first "smartphone was, of course, WM 6.1 and one look at Windows 7 phone drove me directly to Iphone 4.

I'm used to thinking with a Microsoft perspective, so I'll need all the help here that you can offer.

Lee Hunter (otherwise known as Grandpa Lee)

First exposure to anything Apple.

Over 45 years experience with IBM & over 30 years experience with Microsoft.

Yes, it can be done if your older than dirt; that's me.

My first "smartphone was, of course, WM 6.1 and one look at Windows 7 phone drove me directly to Iphone 4.

I'm used to thinking with a Microsoft perspective, so I'll need all the help here that you can offer.

Lee Hunter (otherwise known as Grandpa Lee)

Hello Grandpa Lee,

My first exposure to apple also. I am learning every day. I am using the iphone to manage my life. I started with the contact app and put all my contacts in with email addresses, phone numbers, physical addresses, if they have texting, who they are in relation to me.... If something happens to me, all you have to do is open up my contact list and bang, there it is...look no further!

Then I started taking photos of my contacts when possible and when they call, their pictures comes up. I learned how to sync. It is a slow process but it is exciting. I am working on photos, videos and absolutely love the voice mail feature. Nobody talks about that and I heard on TV that not many people use it. It is a shame. It beats typing away on the little screen. Just speak your mind, hit the share button and sent it to the email address on your contact list. The receiver will love it because he hears your voice and you can do that in the car while driving....I LOVE IT.

What are you trying to accomplish with the iphone?