What's new

Nozzleman 216

Reaction score
Hello all! I am a new member here but I have had my iPhone since the 4s was released. I have to say that I am so happy and impressed with my phone. I am coming from android and while it was fun to "play" with, the iPhone just works and works well. Oh and the battery lasts me all day :)

I first bought a MacBook as I have always wanted a Mac and I was about to go through my 2nd pc laptop in about 5 years. I will admit I had always been somewhat of an Apple "hater" up until the Macbook. I guess I never understood the TRUE meaning to why all the craze (it wasn't just a cult LOL)

So now there are 5 Apple products in my house in less than a year. I bought my kids iPods for Christmas and I just bought my wife her iPhone a month ago.

I am here to try to learn some more about the phone and to research cases (ugh) It seems there is no perfect case is there? As a firefighter, I need something to protect against drops mostly, although it has been in my pocket on a few emergencies.

So HI and thanks to everyone who has contributed!

hi and welcome to the forum,yes the Apple bug is very catching,enjoy.

Thanks for the words, nozzle.... You're obviously and Apple fan, and I don't blame you...... except why do Apple products (other than the subsidized iPhone) cost SO much!!!

Nozzleman I was a FF/Medic for 16 years, and was a big fan of the Otterbox Defender Series. BUT, I'm sure you (like I did) have a fear of killing your phone by way of water. I'm gonna have to second what Quicksilver said on the Lifeproof case. They do cost a bit more than the Otterbox Defender ($49.99 for case & holster), and the Lifeproof ($79.99 for case & $29.99 for holster). The Lifeproof case is WATERPROOF and the Otterbox isn't, and there is a considerable size difference. I think you'd be happier with the Lifeproof. I bought a Lifeproof case & holster last night at Best Buy. That's just from one FF to another. Check out these links and you can decide for yourself :

Otterbox :
iPhone 4 Cases & Covers | OtterBox.com

Lifeproof:
iPhone 4 case, iPhone Case, Waterproof iPhone Case, Protective Case | LifeProof

Good luck in your selection !!!!

Last edited:
Thanks! Well I was using my phone naked for awhile and besides a few scratches thats the way I liked it. But I am a realist and know I will drop it etc.... I ordered my wife and I the Otterbox Commuter yesterday. I don't think it will quite fit the bill I need, but should suit her very well. I hate bulky cases so the defender was on my not so short list and I figured for 20 bucks I would try this Commuter.

Iphonz4.......Another guy here at work has the LifeProof and he said he really likes it. I like the form factor of it and the protection......I ABSOLUTELY HATE THE SCREEN PROTECTOR! Now I know it has to be that way because of water proof etc......but you have to press on it do anything and that was annoying as hell to me. I mean I just briefly played with the phone and it was very noticeable. I have read this elsewhere of this case too as I was wondering if he did something wrong.

Iphonz4.......Another guy here at work has the LifeProof and he said he really likes it. I like the form factor of it and the protection......I ABSOLUTELY HATE THE SCREEN PROTECTOR! Now I know it has to be that way because of water proof etc......but you have to press on it do anything and that was annoying as hell to me. I mean I just briefly played with the phone and it was very noticeable. I have read this elsewhere of this case too as I was wondering if he did something wrong.

I'm guessing as far as the screen protector goes you must be talking about it being kinda "springy" to the touch? If so I felt the same way you did at first but after a couple hours you get used to it.