What's new

New Member.

chantelle310

Reaction score
Hi, new member here.. from the UK :).complete noob to apple and iphones as i just made the switch from blackberry to iphone 4 (should have done it a long time ago). only know the real basics and havnt even figured out how to change my ringtone yet haha... looking forward to reading through some of the help forums to learn more.

Hi, new member here.. from the UK :).complete noob to apple and iphones as i just made the switch from blackberry to iphone 4 (should have done it a long time ago). only know the real basics and havnt even figured out how to change my ringtone yet haha... looking forward to reading through some of the help forums to learn more.

Hello and welcome to the forum! :)

where abouts in the uk if you dont mind me asking? I am staying in Cambridge atm.

But don't worry we will help you with any problems you might have. I tried the blackberry and i could not work out how to use it lol so compared to the iphone blackberry is the Unix/Linux of phones imo and the iphone is the windows = easy to use and user friendly.

G'day and welcome to the forums Chantelle :)

thank you :)

im up north in manchester. cambridge eh... POSH haha i stuck by blackberry through both the curve and torch but begun to get really bored and tired of the slowness, tried out a friends iphone and even the 3gs had me sold so went for 4. looking forward to learning all about them i seen some pretty amazing stuff on here allready

thank you :)

im up north in manchester. cambridge eh... POSH haha i stuck by blackberry through both the curve and torch but begun to get really bored and tired of the slowness, tried out a friends iphone and even the 3gs had me sold so went for 4. looking forward to learning all about them i seen some pretty amazing stuff on here allready

o0o0 Manchester like! I went there a few times and i heard the word posh a lot though i dont think i sound posh at all! :D

Yeap thats the one. posh boring Cambridge. Full of universities and pubs.

well you did good to stick with what worked for you and what you like! I used to have nothing but nokia but in 2007 i got my first iphone simply because i could not find a nokia or any other phone that was worth buying and did not really care about getting the iphone or not but it has come a long way since then and good move getting the 4 and not the three gee es :D you will see the 3gs will slowly begin to fade out of apples sight and lag and become more un stable once we see a new iphone and the release of ios 5 officially after a while it will become like the 3g and the iphone 2007 a year quicker then the 4.

Good you learning tones about it already, and there is tones more you can do with it as well. did you get the white/black 32/16GB model?

haha to be honest i havnt really come across the cambridge accent i think closest i been to there is norfolk lol nokia was my last before i switched to blackberry, i hand the n97 and loved it at first, now they all seem to look the same. yea i heard afew things about apple stopping updates for the older models right?

i ended up with the black 16gb model, would have prefered the white but im not too fussy, kinda regret not getting the 32 though as i have alot of music and getting rid of my ipod. what do you have?

haha to be honest i havnt really come across the cambridge accent i think closest i been to there is norfolk lol nokia was my last before i switched to blackberry, i hand the n97 and loved it at first, now they all seem to look the same. yea i heard afew things about apple stopping updates for the older models right?

i ended up with the black 16gb model, would have prefered the white but im not too fussy, kinda regret not getting the 32 though as i have alot of music and getting rid of my ipod. what do you have?

I also had the N97 after the iphone 3gs was released i never bought it because it had the same design as the 3g it would of felt like buying the same phone again. had the white N97 and so many annoying things about it that i never realised about the nokia like not being able to keep the light on for longer then 60 seconds even when you have an app open, understandably for the battery but was annoying and firmware updates would be released to different countries depending on what country and COLOUR nokia you had and what carrier it was locked to.. so many little annoying things about the n97 but it had its plus sides! I ended up getting so angry i threw it out of my car window while driving lol.

the white iphone 4 i thought i would hate but up close its not bad at all but both are good any way. yeah i always get the highest model now 32 and hopefully my next iphone will have 64GB! when i had the n97 i struggled to fill the 32GB and thought it would be plenty even the 16 but now the 32 is not enough lol...

I got the iphone 4 32GB one from the apple store sim free but having it on pay as you go with o2 is annoying because they only give you 500mb data and when you run out it starts eating at your credit until you have nothing left so i might go back to giff gaff where they use o2's network but its unlimited data for £10 a month a long with the ipad that makes you use the iphone less.

Hi i am a new member from uk. I have a i phone 4G. But i cannot use it properly...i need manual of that. hope that, this site will help me to solve it....Thank you. :)

Last edited:
Yea i took out a contract with tesco just to get the iphone for free... Then called the network and told them i was going away for a while n that i needed to put a spanish sim into my phone. They contacted apple and unlocked the phone to all networks for me for £20! I then switched my orange blackberry contract sim into dolphin tarrif and i get 750mb of web with that so isnt too bad. My mum now has took over the tesco sim and pays that. Do regret not paying the £49 extra for the 32gb though :(

Hi am a new member from uk. I have a iphone 4G. But i cannot use it properly...That's why i have signed up....
Thank you.

Hello and welcome to the forum! Please read the rules before posting :)

Yea i took out a contract with tesco just to get the iphone for free... Then called the network and told them i was going away for a while n that i needed to put a spanish sim into my phone. They contacted apple and unlocked the phone to all networks for me for £20! I then switched my orange blackberry contract sim into dolphin tarrif and i get 750mb of web with that so isnt too bad. My mum now has took over the tesco sim and pays that. Do regret not paying the £49 extra for the 32gb though :(

Thats not bad, though some carriers do that for free while on contract like o2. though Tesco does use o2's network but thats good that you unlocked it and a shame you did not pay for the 32GB because from the apple store it is an extra £100 to get the 32GB model. Though when you buy directly from apple because they are unlocked the cost for the device is so much more up front payment even though with contract you get the phone "free" but then end up paying more through monthly bills and the monthly payment to have it. I paid £599 for mine 32GB and at the time the 16GB was £499

Hmm reading that i should have definatly got the 32gb! Damn! Next on my to get list is an ipad i think... Ive got the apple bug baaaad now aha