What's new

New member question

griffshawn

Reaction score
New member as of today! Question - does anyone know how to prevent a message from being sent to all of our devices when we add a new device? Example, I add a new iphone and it gets sent to my wife's phone telling her that a new device has been added?
Thank you

Welcome to iPhone Forums!

Your other thread has been removed. Posting the same question twice will not bring the same result as keeping the topic in one thread only.

It looks like all of your devices are connected to the same Apple ID. That‘s why your wife gets the message to her iPhone. Afaik, there‘s no way to prevent this from happening. That‘s one of Apple‘s security measures. It makes sure no one else is using your Apple ID.

New member as of today! Question - does anyone know how to prevent a message from being sent to all of our devices when we add a new device? Example, I add a new iphone and it gets sent to my wife's phone telling her that a new device has been added?
Thank you
If you are indeed sharing the same Apple ID, as JA suggests, I would recommend you both have your own separate Apple ID and account.