What's new

Introducing myself

jkhuner

Reaction score
Well, I'm introducing myself as a complete stranger to a group of strangers, because I got a message from someone I don't know to do so. I'll presume I'm amid friends, and admit that I'm a new iPhone-owner, as of 2 days ago. I've had Macs for 12 years, but there are a lot of new things to consider with the new device, and none of my kids has one (or any other smartphone), so they can't teach me. I've read the user manual pretty thoroughly, and am getting a handle, but just found myself confronting a sticky question for which no answer is readily available. I don't know whether it's proper to post it in this introductory note, but here goes anyway:
Does deleting a message from my Earthlink account mailbox on my iPhone cause it to be deleted from my laptop's Earthlink account mailbox the next time the two are synced up? I'm assuming that the message in question will already have been downloaded onto the laptop. And is the reverse also true? Or is the message available to either device as long as it hasn't been actively erased from my server's inbox (currently set to keep messages alive for a month)? Or will the server's inbox likewise trash the message if the iPhone's inbox has deleted it?
That's for starters. Of course I'm filled with other questions which will be solved by experimentation mostly, I figure.
Hello to all! - Jonathan

G'day and welcome to the forum!!! :)