What's new

Deleted emails removed from all devices reappear on 1 device

driftek

Reaction score
An employee at the company I work with has an iPhone 5 with 4 emails from march that will not stay deleted.

My Setup and synced devices:
MacBook Air, iPad, iPhone 5

Symptoms: If I try to delete the emails from the iPhone I get an error that says "Unable to Move Message - The message could not be moved to the mailbox Trash." So I have been moving them to junk folder. Everything works fine for a few hours and then they reappear.

Scenario: I am using a Microsoft Exchange account. The emails are not on the MacBook or the iPad, they only reappear on the iPhone. I have logged into the Exchange account and the emails have been not only deleted from my inbox but also deleted from my deleted folder, they are deleted from EVERY location but keep syncing back to the iPhone. The only thing I know of that I haven't tried is removing the account from the iPhone and then recreating it.

Any suggestions?

Welcome to iPhoneForums, driftek!

That's exactly what you should do: delete the account from the iPhone and set it up again. If there was a glitch in the settings that made the emails reappear, this should solve it.

In general: if there are problems with email accounts, removing the account and setting it up again, will solve them, mostly.

Hope that helps.

Thanks J. A. I'll give that a shot and report back