What's new

New member hello + dictation issue!!

dare2cnect

Reaction score
Just saying hello! I'm a new member with just a pretty basic understanding of the apple products. I just got an iPad 3 very recently and am loving it, although I'm sure it does a lot more than I am even aware of! I've had an iPhone 4s for a little while longer.

What prompted me to join was that I'm looking for resolution to a problem I'm having with my iPhone. The dictation stopped working. It has done this before on occasion, but then would start working again shortly. This time it has been a couple days, and I'm going crazy without it as I do a lot of (too long) text messaging :) I've tried doing a phone reset, but this does not correct the problem. I have a stable Internet connection, and Siri works fine, so i don't get it! Basically, when I tap the microphone button on the keyboard, it will beep and take in my voice (the purple noise meter is active while I speak) but as soon as I tap "done", the purple dots appear for a couple seconds and then disappear. Then nothing follows. Not sure what to do other than to contact Apple. Any other ideas?!

So...that's my story and I'm sticking to it (as Jimmy Buffet would say)!!

Hello and welcome to the forum!

I am not sure on a solution to your issue but hopefully someone will be along to help ya resolve it...good luck!