What's new

New member checking in ... and a dumb question

Rufus

Reaction score
Hi all - nice enough day here in NE but still I'd like to get my 4 working. While I've been using my iPhone3 for years, I only recently took the plunge on the 4. I'd like to move all on the 3 to the 4 but I'm a bit slow on what syncs with what on iTunes. So I'm stalled. I recall that it takes the library from iTunes and puts it on the phone and, since I've got libraries on two different computers, one of which just ate its hard drive [a PC, of course!], I'm a bit nervous. Can someone spell out the sequence step by step so I don't lose items I want/need? Thanks much.

Hi all - nice enough day here in NE but still I'd like to get my 4 working. While I've been using my iPhone3 for years, I only recently took the plunge on the 4. I'd like to move all on the 3 to the 4 but I'm a bit slow on what syncs with what on iTunes. So I'm stalled. I recall that it takes the library from iTunes and puts it on the phone and, since I've got libraries on two different computers, one of which just ate its hard drive [a PC, of course!], I'm a bit nervous. Can someone spell out the sequence step by step so I don't lose items I want/need? Thanks much.

if you are talking about just getting all the stuff you had on your old iPhone to you're new one, just restore from a backup.