What's new

New Member Alert! * ^_^ *

Manders1326

Reaction score
Did I get anyones attention? lol I was roaming about the web today trying to figure out why my iPhone 4 went black and wouldnt turn back on. I am amazed at how upset I was over this issue. Ok, I really like my phone but I didnt realize just how much until it wouldnt respond to my loving touch. Needless to say I stumbled across this place and figured I would join and see what it was all about. I am looking forward to learning more about my phone and its quirks and hopefully I can find a few others that are as enamored by their phone as I am.

I came from owning a palm pre plus and I adored the OS and I had hacked and patched it to the point of over indulgence. I must admit I hated the hardware but loved the phone once I tweaked it. It was stolen right from under my nose on black friday and that is how I came to be the proud owner of an iPhone 4. I havent done anything to the phone and love it more than anything else I have had. So I guess having the Palm stolen was the best thing that has ever happened to me. Go figure. lol

I am new (obviously) so I have been a bit timid with doing anything to this phone for fear of voiding the warranty. I guess I am here to test the waters and also to see if I can learn any new tricks that wont void a replacement.

I look forward to meeting everyone. Thanks for taking a moment to read my ramblings! * ^_^ *

Welcome,

Don't worry about 'tweaking' (jailbreaking) you phone and loosing your warranty. A simple restore in iTunes and not even apple can tell if it's been jailbroken previously...

Oh really? Well then I think I am going to busy for a while lol. Although I noticed that there isnt a way offered as of yet to this untethered. Am I right or wrong? I would rather wait for a way to do this that isnt in beta testing and has a few reviews giving the thumbs up.

Correct. 4.2.1 is currently tethered and an untethered version is in beta.

There's no harm in giving it a go one night then restoring when you've had a play around...