What's new

NEW Jailbreaking Method Released - Ac1dsn0w

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, after a very quiet period in iDevice jailbreaking, today we have a new tool on the block, namely ac1dsn0w from the pwn dev-team.

iPhone owners needn't get too excited at this stage however. The new tool is simply an alternative method to jailbreak the devices susceptable to the limera1n exploit, so no good for the iPhone4S yet, and a feat which is already accomplished by redsn0w and sn0wbreeze.

However, any new team and tool on the scene is a very welcome addition and the hope is that this will develop into a decent tool which adds additional value over and above the existing solutions. At the moment though, it's only released on OSX.

More details at their website here - Ac1dSn0w

I'll be posting a tutorial for using this tool later... :D

Happy Hacking Everyone!

Yes, it is still tethered, adds nothing new and has very poor device compatibility. I would advise staying away from it unless you're interested in seeing how it works.

Future releases promise to include an option to remote jailbreak a device which has not yet been done and would be great for people who jailbreak for people on craigslist or for their friends. Other than that I don't think I'll be using this tool.

Dont even bother. Apparently Dev. stole patches from apple. Use Less!!!

It's not useless, but it is illegal. They used copywritten code from Apple in the tool so technically this is piracy, hopefully they fix the legality issues in the next release.

Looks like ac1dsn0w is now on the right side of legal again. Beta2 has been released, sans Apple's copyrighted code, so now the necessary files are downloaded from the internet as required rather than being distributed in the tool (similar to the way redsn0w works).

Interestingly, you can easily tethered boot 5.0.1 with ac1dsn0w making it slightly easier than using redsn0w as you do not have to point it towards the 5.0 firmware file every time! Nice.

Let's hope it is all legal this time!

will this now be able to use windows as i dont have a mac...what programme can i use to unzip my file so i can open it to use for jailbreaking..thanks in advance

Last edited:
As the first post points out, it is OSX only at the moment...

f4780y said:
As the first post points out, it is OSX only at the moment...

thanks that j- break is no good for me then wait for some other idea then

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net