What's new

New JailBreak hopefully solves issues!!

braggs

Reaction score
Any word on a unteathered jailbreak for the 3gs new bootrom.I still have no wifi and no baseband after updating.I hope the new JB takes care of that!!!

Last edited:
braggs said:
Any word on a unteathered jailbreak for the 3gs new bootrom.I still have no wifi and no baseband after updating.I hope the new JB takes care of that!!!

I don't quite understand u there, the jailbreak is out, for 3GS there's lot more options, absinthe v2.0.x and also snowbreez was updated on 26th may, supports the iOS 5.1.1

well,still not working I made a new ipsw with snowbreeze 5.1.1 restored it and still have no wifi and baseband.Any suggestions.Tried to sync with itunes gets to the fifth step and says(itunes could not back up the iphone because a session could not be started with the iphone)any help!!!then tried to do a factory restore and get error(1)about 3/4 of the way through

Last edited:
did you ever install the iPad BaseBand (6.15.00) on the 3gs?

When i jailbroke with redsn0w I did-- not knowing you were not suppose to with a newbootrom thats when it screwed up, no wifi and no baseband.Is there a way to reflash the baseband or I am hoping for a new redsn0w to hopefully take care of the problem I know I'm not the only one who did the same mistake.

braggs said:
When i jailbroke with redsn0w I did-- not knowing you were not suppose to with a newbootrom thats when it screwed up, no wifi and no baseband.Is there a way to reflash the baseband or I am hoping for a new redsn0w to hopefully take care of the problem I know I'm not the only one who did the same mistake.

once you upgrade to the iPad bb. it is not reversible. and your phone's modem is now officially screwed, because you have the new bootrom and you installed the iPad bb.

iknow just hoping redsn0w comes out with some unbrickable jailbreak to save it, if not it's getting sold!!

braggs said:
iknow just hoping redsn0w comes out with some unbrickable jailbreak to save it, if not it's getting sold!!

you can never fix the modem now. ever. redsn0w will only jailbreak. thats it. your device is officially bricked and te modem is broken for good.

Unfortunately you're bricked forever. And no one will buy a bricked phone. If it arrives bricked to your buyer, you'll have an eBay case file opened and will be forced to refund. You must always be careful to read these forums diligently to know how to jailbreak and/or unlock properly. A bad unlock sequence will brick a phone forever. You simply need to buy a new phone. Wish I had better news. "Once bricked always bricked" is a saying we have. :-(

As h20lover & pianoman said above... your 3GS is done, sorry. :-( Best chance w/ it now it to sell it AS-IS FOR PARTS ONLY.