What's new

Jailbreak Worked and Then Failed, why?

ThacomIphone

Reaction score
Hi all,
(I´m new into this world so please be patient if I say something that´s simple to you).
I have an Iphone 3gs that never been used until yesterday.
I was stuck into firmware 4.3 and baseband 5.16.01 never jailbreked and unlocked (useless).
Yesteday with the announcement about downgrading baseband I adventured myself.
So I updated to Ipad baseband 6.15.00 and stayed with firmware 4.3 (didn´t know if I was supposed to or if would have been better update to another one).
I used redn0w to jailbreak (don´t remember the version), installed Cydia and updated baseband to Ipad.
After jailbreak was finished the phone got stucked at apple screen, after waited a lot of minutes I seached for people with the same problem and the solution was doing the bot with redsn0w (before that I was thinking that my Jailbreak was untethered but the phone ONLY was turning on with help from redsnow to boot, didn´t know again if I was supposed to use help from red to boot or wait forever something happen with that apple screen).
For the first time I saw Iphone 3GS apps screen :)
So I went to Cydia and installed ultrasnow (looking at some tutorials) and I couldn´t make unlocking work.
But at least with jailbreak I was a little bit happy.
Happens that after a while (turning on and off trying to unlock) I connect to Itunes and nothing happened (it was in that screen that says to put my original carrier), so I tought that nothing had happened and as I turned on again booting with redsnow the screen was back to that ones that shows the cabe trying to conect to Itunes.
It´s strange because I tried to boot with redsnow and appear the pineapple screen and then goes back to cabe trying to conect to Itunes, whyyyyyyyyyyy? That wasn´t happening :(
Any ideas?
What should I do now? And specially, how?

Did you check your serial number? Do you have the old-bootrom? If you have a new bootrom you have officially bricked your iPhone. The baseband downgrade was to downgrade old bootrom 3gs at 6.15.00 to the normal baseband.

I have new bootrom serial is xx114...I saw many tutorials saying that you shouldn´t update to 6.15 if you were xx134 or more...

ThacomIphone said:
I have new bootrom serial is xx114...I saw many tutorials saying that you shouldn´t update to 6.15 if you were xx134 or more...

Ah. You have a new bootrom. Your phone is bricked for good. The baseband downgrade thing wont work on a bricked phone. There is no way to fix it