What's new

New iPhones Smash Apple Sales Records; 9 Million iPhones Sold Already!

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
13512-ios-7.jpg

GamesIndustry International Reports today that Apple has smashed previous iPhone sales records with figures showing that the iPhone 5s and 5c have already racked up an incredible 9 million sales over the past weekend since they arrived in shops on September 20, which is 5 million more than the previous record, held by the iPhone 5.

Eleven key markets are now offering the new iPhones, including the UK, US, and Canada. And, as GamesIndustry International notes, this was the first time that China had the latest iPhone from day one, so doubtless that help push the sales figures up to record highs, as did the fact that there were two new iPhone models rather than the usual one.

"The demand for the new iPhones has been incredible, and while we've sold out of our initial supply of iPhone 5s, stores continue to receive new iPhone shipments regularly," said Apple CEO Tim Cook. "We appreciate everyone's patience and are working hard to build enough new iPhones for everyone."

Apple also revealed today that more than 200 million users had downloaded iOS 7 since it launched last week, making it the fastest software upgrade in history.

Source: New iPhone sells a record 9 million units | GamesIndustry International

Last edited by a moderator:
Really, really, really wish Apple would disclose the individual number for the 4S, 5, 5C and 5S that were sold this weekend. Personally would like to see if the 5S outsold the 5C.

I did not expect that at all.

Verizon has a program wherein you buy a new iPhone and spread the payments over 12 months.. I'll have to go in and see about getting my hands on the 5s :)

Traded my 5 (32GB) in for my 5S at Verizon. I paid $324.74 for my iPhone 5 last year and they gave me $325 as the trade in value this year. And I got to keep the headphones and charger from the 5 as part of the deal. Figure the charger and head phones alone are worth another $35 and they work with my 5S. Consider that a heck of a trade in and/or upgrade deal. :D

Traded my 5 (32GB) in for my 5S at Verizon. I paid $324.74 for my iPhone 5 last year and they gave me $325 as the trade in value this year. And I got to keep the headphones and charger from the 5 as part of the deal. Figure the charger and head phones alone are worth another $35 and they work with my 5S. Consider that a heck of a trade in and/or upgrade deal. :D

Nice! I bought my iPhone 5 back in May of this year. Good to see these phones keep their value. This is going to be easy :)