What's new

New iPhone user LOTS TO LEARN!

ashliehaukereid

Reaction score
Hello!

I'm just stopping by to say hi. I live in Michigan and recently in October purchased my first apple iPhone! The only other apple product i've ever owned is my iPod Nano Touch which I LOVE!

I've always wanted an iPhone however being a Verizon Wireless Customer had to wait until recently to be a part of the cool kids club! I used to use a blackberry storm. Which by the way was a joke. I hated that thing. Which is why when Verizon offered me the option of getting a new smart phone a a fraction of the prices i would have been paying if i signed a new contract I jumped. At that time AT&T still owned the iphone. *jerks wouldn't share!* so I bought a droid x.

I liked my droid! It was very user friendly for those of us who aren't all that tech savy! I had a few issues with it. I had to get it replaced when I contracted a virus from an animated background I downloaded. That wasn't very fun. The phone was going crazy. Then another time the screen froze on me at very odd times. So in a little over a year and a half i went through 3 phones.

So this brings me to my iPhone 4s! Which I abosolutely LOVE! It was an early birthday gift to myself! It was released on 10/14 and my bday is 10/21. naturally i was super excited!

Since I received the phone each day is a new learning experience for me. I feel i strongly under utilize the capabilities of the phone which is one of the reasons i've joined this forum. I'd like to learn more about the way apple works so I can get the most out of my iPhone!

So anyway, thats my introduction. Lots of rambling. which I tend to do..
haha

if you have any fun and unique tricks i'd love to hear them. I just recently learned how to capture screen shots and how to close applications that are running in the background.

I don't utilize Siri as much as I should. I actually feel somewhat silly talking to my phone. I feel less silly when i have my ear phones it and only I can hear her response!

Okay, I think this is it for now!

Thanks for listening to me ramble.

Happy Monday!
Ashlie

emoticon-object-100.gif

Welcome, from Cali!