What's new

Future Iphone user.

Terreos

Reaction score
Since I'm new to the site and the Iphone I felt it would be appropriate to introduce myself.

So as of right now I'm a Verizon customer. I currently eligible for a phone upgrade. And wouldn't you know it the Iphone 4 will be coming to verizon early next month. So I've been doing my research and think it would be a good device for my needs. But, I'm getting ahead of myself.

When I first joined Verizon I got the Blackberry Storm. This was my first smartphone. It was a great device over my last flip phone. There was so much more I could do with it and I really became dependant on being able to check e-mail on the go. It worked out well for a back up mp3 player but, it had errors every now and then where it couldn't read the sd card. And sadly the screen stopped clicking on the lower right hand side. Made it hard to type text messages. Thankfully another smartphone was just around the corner and I ordered one right on launch day. . .

The Motorola Droid. ((Please don't hate me for it. :( )) I was blown away by this phone. It ran so much smoother than my blackberry, had ok e-mailing ability, and was better at being an mp3 player. However, over time the phone seemed to age quickly since so many other android phones have been released since then. While I was originally going to buy the latest android phone I couldn't help but feel it would be outdated a few months after I buy it. I'm all for newer and better phones but, if a phone is being refreshed or updated every few months I can't but feel ripped off.

So with the announcement of the Iphone for Verizon I was rather excited. I've seen so many reviews on the Iphone 4 and think how much of a better phone it would be for me than my current Droid. I would also be able to carry just my phone with me and not both my phone a Ipod. ((I wanted a device that would play my music without errors and the ipod touch has done that very well for me.)) That may sound like an odd reason to want an Iphone but, like I mentioned above I have yet to use a phone that can play music withough having an error from time to time. That and it's annoying that I never forget my phone but, I forget my Ipod every now and then. Those hour and a half drives aren't as fun with my ipod.

The only thing that will be holding my back is the release of the Iphone 5. Since I think that will be out early this summer? It might be good for me to wait. Also, my verizon contract is up in april so if the Iphone 5 comes to At&t and not verizon I can get that instead. What do you guys think?

Ok I've rambled way too long! Happy to be here guys! :iphone4vert:

Wow. I wasn't expecting anyone to suggest the Iphone 4 to me. I guess the Iphone 5 is about five months off isn't it?

Yes, plus when the new phone comes out apple will release the new iOS update for all iPhones so even though your 4 might physically look different from the 5 you would be running the same iOS.

if your ready to get a new phone, go on and get the iPhone 4. If you wait for the newest phone you will NEVER get another phone...there is always something new coming out.

if your ready to get a new phone, go on and get the iPhone 4. If you wait for the newest phone you will NEVER get another phone...there is always something new coming out.
Yes I keep telling myself that. Should be a great improvement over my current phone. So that's reason enough to pull the trigger.

If you wait for the iPhone 5, you may be paying for LTE. If you live in a coverage area, that's great, but I live in a smaller city that won't get LTE for at least another year, maybe much longer. This is what's steering me away from the Bionic and the Thunderbolt. Of course, it's merely speculation that the iPhone 5 would even have LTE.

If you wait for the iPhone 5, you may be paying for LTE. If you live in a coverage area, that's great, but I live in a smaller city that won't get LTE for at least another year, maybe much longer. This is what's steering me away from the Bionic and the Thunderbolt. Of course, it's merely speculation that the iPhone 5 would even have LTE.

I thought I read somewhere that verizon will not be charging extra for LTE? Maybe you've heard different? That's actually a good reason to not wait. I've seen maps and they say that my area SHOULD be covered. But, verizon also claims there are less dead zones in their network and I've found three, count them three verizon dead zones. Point being I don't trust those maps. Looks like it's the Iphone 4 for me. :iphone4vert:

I thought I read somewhere that verizon will not be charging extra for LTE? Maybe you've heard different? That's actually a good reason to not wait. I've seen maps and they say that my area SHOULD be covered. But, verizon also claims there are less dead zones in their network and I've found three, count them three verizon dead zones. Point being I don't trust those maps. Looks like it's the Iphone 4 for me. :iphone4vert:[/QUOTE]

No one know exactly what vzw is gonna charge for LTE service on a phone. They seem to be trying to keep it a secret. Just have to wait and see.

Well that's not good. If they don't charge extra for LTE though I'd see sprint users switching over since Sprint is now charging an extra $10 for their 4g service and soon gonna be charging that same $10 for any smartphone whether it's 4g capatible or not. Verizon could capitalize on that in my opinion. ;)