What's new

New iPhone Case idea input

stevenmer3

Reaction score
Hey everyone I am currently working on a new iPhone case. I just want to ask you guys some questions so i can see what is important in a case.
1-What features do you like in a case?
2-How are your speakers?
3-Any material that you like cases to be made out of?

--Any input would be great! I already have a current idea drawn up and ready to move onto the next stage but I want to make sure its perfect first.

1.thin
2.that should be well
3.matte meterial

Well the case I have drawn up right now is quiet thin but it's not a bumper. It closely follows the design of otterbox's reflex case but with a extra feature that improves the sound quality of your phone. The design also has a bottom peice that detaches so you can plug it up to a dock easily.

-Steve

My complaint with most cases is that the material they are made from is too thick. Specifically, it makes it difficult to type the letters at the edges of the keyboard. Solve that problem and you're on your way.

No case here. Not necessary. Phone is just fine as well. Never have used a screen protector in all the years of owning iPhones and iPods, and never a scratch. Cases and screen protectors, unless you bring your phone to a construction sight, are a huge waste of money.

RushFan2112 said:
No case here. Not necessary. Phone is just fine as well. Never have used a screen protector in all the years of owning iPhones and iPods, and never a scratch. Cases and screen protectors, unless you bring your phone to a construction sight, are a huge waste of money.

Lol

Everyone e once blue moon, there is always that one guy that never gets a scratch on any of his nice new toys.

Believe it or not RushFan but your kind is very rare.

You obviously are not a very active person.

I am a very active person.....if I don't protect my screen, it will get scratched. I move around too much. .

Tho I must say the iPhones and iPod were the only devices I could last an an extremely long time without getting a scratch. Like a long time. But nevertheless happens eventually.

Rather asinine to call something that protects a very expensive electronic device a "waste of money" don't ya think?

If it wasn't for those "waste of money" cases I would have had to get a new iPhone, probably with a yellow screen, and no SHSH blobs.

And no.....I do not bring being my phone to a constructions site. I just a live a very active life, where I go a lot of places and do a lot of things.

The irony is that I don't like cases. What I would give to have a naked iPhone.lol. And sometimes at home I do.

I use a bumper. SPG. When I'm about to go somewhere crazy, like a party at IUP, I grab my much sturdier case.

My complaint with most cases is that the material they are made from is too thick. Specifically, it makes it difficult to type the letters at the edges of the keyboard. Solve that problem and you're on your way.
Don't worry the case will not be obstructing the function of the phone in anyway but will provide the required protection

-Steve

Hey RushFan2112 i know you may take great care of your iPhone but most people end up mindlessly hurting their phone's. I want to help prevent the ones that do that so they can keep there phone in perfect condition like yours.

-Steve

On the contrary, I am extremely active. I am a gigging musician -playing out 5-6 times per week in various clubs, moving drums and amps, etc. As active and on the go as you, zig, if not moreso. I also mountain bike 20-30 miles per week - and always have my phone - without the "waste of money" case with me. What can I say? I just don't find it necessary, but if you like cases, go for it. I just find it hard to spend $30-$50 on a case for my phone, and have never used one. Not a scratch - guess I am a rare breed indeed.

RushFan2112 said:
On the contrary, I am extremely active. I am a gigging musician -playing out 5-6 times per week in various clubs, moving drums and amps, etc. As active and on the go as you, zig, if not moreso. I also mountain bike 20-30 miles per week - and always have my phone - without the "waste of money" case with me. What can I say? I just don't find it necessary, but if you like cases, go for it. I just find it hard to spend $30-$50 on a case for my phone, and have never used one. Not a scratch - guess I am a rare breed indeed.

Good for you. Stay active.

Some people just got it like that I guess. I have never owned a phone (mostly dumb phones) that didn't get all scratched to he** in week or 2.lol. I must be clumsy.

The iPhone and iPod were the only devices I had for a long time without any scratches....but I know I'd I push it having it naked too long, an that ima prolly scratch it one way Or another.lol.

Perhaps the cases only seem worth it to people who have in fact scratched the sh** out of there $650 smart phone.

It sounds like you do have a very active lifestyle RushFan but like you said your a "rare breed". A case might not seem necessary to you but it is vital to the majority of iPhone users. If cases weren't vital to us then you wouldn't see the case industry thriving like it is. I personally wish i had the ability to keep my phone in perfect condition like yours but for me, and many others, i would need a case to do so. What about a case do you not like? The price? The bulk of the added protection? Maybe it's something my case can solve for you.

-Steve

U know I would love to keep my iPhone naked.lol. It looks so good, and the cases take away it's stylish look I think. This is why I use bumpers and front & back screen protectors. Good ones. Think I'm gonna try out the Glas.t screen protector soon.

I think the phone is beautiful and deserves to be naked but the world can't handle it naked and tends to scratch this work of art. This is why I am making a case to protect it. I would love to make it into a bumper style but the added features I have in it won't allowe me.

-Steve