What's new

Anyone have any info about this case? Machined Delrin?

Rosco

Reaction score
Hey All. I just joined because I have the iPhone 4s and some of my friends have dropped and already broken theirs. After having the 3g and dropping many times without issue I'm worried about breaking the glass on my phone. I love the Machined element cases but am wary of metal cases.

Has anyone seen or used this case?:

iPhone 4 Case « Gregg's Customs

Let me know what you think. Seems cool. Made from billet Delrin!? Also any other case input is appreciated. I need something rugged.

Rosco said:
Hey All. I just joined because I have the iPhone 4s and some of my friends have dropped and already broken theirs. After having the 3g and dropping many times without issue I'm worried about breaking the glass on my phone. I love the Machined element cases but am wary of metal cases.

Has anyone seen or used this case?:

iPhone 4 Case « Gregg's Customs

Let me know what you think. Seems cool. Made from billet Delrin!? Also any other case input is appreciated. I need something rugged.

Should try maybe a silicone case.

And should try to be a bit more careful.

Agreed but these things are slippery. I want something a little more high end than a silicone case. The Element cases are top quality but cold metal.

I like to silicone cases but in my experience they have a better grip to them however as for shock absorbent that they aren't...though kind of bulky I would recommend an Otter Box, or if you want something a little more sleek I would try the Speck cases...I have a Speck case on my phone and it works great.

If you need protection from basically everything either try a life proof case or a otter box defender.

$IMG_0006.jpg$IMG_0007.jpg

AND shock absorbent as well. My iphone 4 has fallen down once (my son dropped it), didn't even flinch with the Puro Silicone case.

That's what I got for my 4s as well.
$IMG_0005.jpg

Last edited:
I'm talking about falling onto a warehouse floor. The silicone case is not what I had in mind. I had an otterbox on my 3gs but it was too bulky and took away from the phone. The 4 is such a sweet machine, I want a trick case to contain it but also protect it. Just mostly from sitting on a workbench to occasional bumps etc. I think the Element Cases are sweet but just wasn't sure about the metal and the reception problem. I know there's been a lot of posts about this but people seem to have differing results.

Of course it's nice to have something different as well. I just thought that Delrin case was kinda cool and a nice design how it just clamps to the metal frame of the phone.

Get the life proof case then they cost around $80 but they are slim not even close to ring as bulky as the otter boxes and are waterproof dust proof just about everything most people encounter they can handle like champs.

i just got one of those delrin cases its very well made and fits really sweet.
i had a silicone case but it was not making me feel safe and was allways collecting and atracting dust.
i think silicone is better used for boobs not for making iphone cases...

Do you think it will protect the phone well?

I have the otterbox defender series... I've literally dropped it from a distance of about 4 1/2 ft on the driveway, which is asphalt and pecans (lol) and nothing happened except it got the outer part of the otterbox a little dirty. Cleaned it off np. I have little hands, the ob is big but it fits ok in my hands. I highly recommend the otterbox. They have something for most all or everything apple.
It's the only case I've ever used. Works perfect. Don't need anything else.
You can read about them at otterbox(dot)com. If you decide to get one, if you still need a case, I'd go to eBay after finding the one you want.

i got the greggs customs one and its trick and very strong.it has got nice grips machined in the sides and i accidently test dropped it in the street and iphone was undamaged!

I agree that the Otterbox is a great product. Their marketing has obviously worked well also because everyone has one. I had it on my 3g. The 4s is just too sweet to cover in an ugly piece of plastic and rubber. I want something sleek and high end. I'm looking at the GC case, Element Case and even this new MSC case although it seems kinda bulky.

Thanks for all the input people. Hey Spinem, can you post some pics. What color case did you get?