New iPhone 5 Mold and Case Appear With Tapered Back and Larger Display

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
iPhone_5_silicon_case.JPG
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Following on from yesterday’s leaks of photos of what were purported to be iPhone 5 cases showing the next iPhone with a tapered back, bigger home button and bigger screen, 9to5 Mac has got its hands on what it believes to be an actual iPhone 5 case, as well as the case mold. They say that the source that sent them the case is the very same source that gave them spot-on information about the iPad 2 before it was released. Therefore, 9to5 Mac believes that the new case does, most likely, reflect the design of the next iPhone. This makes a lot of sense, as we have now seen two cases with a similar design emerge in as many days, and I can see the logic of Apple designing an iPhone 5 that looks like a smaller iPad from the back as a way of giving a uniform stye to the entire iOS range. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Source: [/FONT]http://9to5mac.com/2011/07/27/next-iphone-to-feature-thinner-tapered-design-according-to-new-silicone-cases/

Shouldn't the hole on the left side (for silent/general mode) be on the other side of the case?

Sure, if they didn't change the location with the redesign. Think about it...

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Maura said:
Following on from yesterday’s leaks of photos of what were purported to be iPhone 5 cases showing the next iPhone with a tapered back, bigger home button and bigger screen, 9to5 Mac has got its hands on what it believes to be an actual iPhone 5 case, as well as the case mold. They say that the source that sent them the case is the very same source that gave them spot-on information about the iPad 2 before it was released. Therefore, 9to5 Mac believes that the new case does, most likely, reflect the design of the next iPhone. This makes a lot of sense, as we have now seen two cases with a similar design emerge in as many days, and I can see the logic of Apple designing an iPhone 5 that looks like a smaller iPad from the back as a way of giving a uniform stye to the entire iOS range.

Source: http://9to5mac.com/2011/07/27/next-...pered-design-according-to-new-silicone-cases/

I like the iPhone 4 design better not the cheaper tapered look.