What's new

New Iphone 5 concept Pictures by Antonello Falcone

suprim

Reaction score
iphone5_concept2-530x397+%25281%2529.jpg

The project concerns the design of the iPhone by Antonello 5 and the "Dashboard widgets" for a hypothetical upgrade of IOS 5.1:

His idea of design is this:
• Screen 4.6 inch
• Curved glass edges that could allow a reduction in the thickness of the device, assumed to 8.4 mm;
• Front glass shaded on the sides and edges so you have a true "blur" the edges of the screen that he pay a very attractive and certainly in the original landscape of the smartphone
• Absence of the popular iPhone frame 4 and replaced by two souls of aluminum on the sides, discreet and elegant;
• Home button is no longer physical but soft touch

Last edited by a moderator:
I love when people like this don't think stuff thru.

Lets start with the painfully obvious.

1) Apple has sold the world on the iPhone being a "RETINA DISPLAY"

This means the PPI (Pixels Per Inch) must be at 300 or above for the device to be considered "RETINA".

That means a 4.6" screen is IMPOSSIBLE. Apple already gets criticized for having two display formats of 1024x768 and 480x320 (with Retina at 960x640). All iOS development is done in either 1024x768 or 480x320. iOS5 continues this programming design. So to make a 4.6" they either have to increase screen size and add a third display format, and there is NO CODE in iOS 5 beta to support this, or they have to decrease the PPI and that isn't going to happen.

So that means at present about 3.8" is the largest display they can make and still retain the "RETINA" trademark.

2) The current thickness is due to the battery. And since there was no leap in battery tech in the last 18 months, we aren't seeing a thinner iPhone in the next year not unless they cut the battery life expectancy.

3) BLUR THE EDGES????? Is he insane????? Apple is all about CLEAN and CLEAR.

4) Removal of the physical button on the iPhone would make it harder for the iPhone to do certain tasks. Like say "ENTERING REPROGRAMMING MODE". I just don't see that happening since the iPhone is just about unbrickable under "normal" use.

So once again, common sense and logic are thrown under the bus so some guy can make a post about a fictional phone that he "believes" will be cool.

The shaded top and bottom are nice in the picture but itd be super annoying in normal use.

I dont think Iphone 5 can take that good pics. because when i bought iphone 4 befor who said the take pics look great. but that not....:(

8MP??? they will surely take better pictures. Wait and see something.

It's a nice concept. I really liked this. The points, which you shared here that Curved glass edges allow a reduction in the thickness of the device and Home button should have soft touch is wonderful ideas.