What's new

New iPhone 4 user looking for advice on free satnav app

AdrianRose

Reaction score
Hi all

As the title implies, I am a new user of the iPhone 4. It only arrived last week woohoo!

I'm looking for a free or cheap Satnav app. I've read some mixed reviews on the Navfree app, main drawback it appears is it's lack of correct street data.

Anybody got any better apps for use as sat nav please. Preferably with voice prompts.

Cheers all.

Ade

Hi all

As the title implies, I am a new user of the iPhone 4. It only arrived last week woohoo!

I'm looking for a free or cheap Satnav app. I've read some mixed reviews on the Navfree app, main drawback it appears is it's lack of correct street data.

Anybody got any better apps for use as sat nav please. Preferably with voice prompts.

Cheers all.

Ade

Yes Nav Free while its free i would not trust it at all because it has a lack of street names and places that i would never in a million years trust it to go any where i dont know where is lol

I am still hoping apple add turn by turn navigation to google maps that comes with the iphone but as for download one decent cheap or free one from the app store?

AA SatNav looks goof but its 24.99 and if you use it regularly i would get something like that or AA route planner is cheaper but i dont know if it has voice telling you to turn and if not there is no point getting it.. Voadfone uk navigation is a free one but the cheaper ones seem pretty useless

Thank you for the warm welcome and your words of advice are very much appreciated.

Ade

jasonmanikin said:
i would jailbreak, get *moderated* and then you can download the TOM TOM
please read the forum rules before posting information about piracy.