What's new

New iPhone 4 use question..Help

alex8525

Reaction score
Hello All,

I am new to site so pardon me and help me if I am making any mistakes.

I am planning to buy an iPhone 4 on my brothers AT&T number where upgrade is available. I have a few questions.

I want to use the iPhone 4 on my sim card not my brother on whose number I am upgrading and getting iPhone 4. I think I can cut my sim card to make it micro sim card and can use that sim card with iphone 4, is it right?

What about my brother's sim card since, he will be using his old phone. Is it possible for him to keep using his mini sim card that he already have or his sim card will get deactivated after receivinf micro sim?

How to activate the iphone 4 without using micro sim?

How to jailbreak? I don't want to use AT&T data plan. Is it require ti unlock?

Waiting for reply.

Thanks
Alex

PS: Don't know I am posting the question in correct place.

Just go to ATT they will give you new sim cards programed to the right numbers. Second when you purchase an iPhone you have too sign up for a data plan to qualify for the discounted price. Third there isn't a jailbreak for the newer iPhone4's yet.

Thanks for your reply.

But my question is I don't want to use sim card that will come with iphone 4 because it is my brothers sim card and he is not with me. I don't want to disturb his current sim card and number.

Is it possible to activate iphone 4 without disturbing his sim / number?

Is it possible to use iphone 4 on my number if I took iphone on my brothers number?

Thanks,
Alex

Thanks for your reply.

But my question is I don't want to use sim card that will come with iphone 4 because it is my brothers sim card and he is not with me. I don't want to disturb his current sim card and number.

Is it possible to use iphone 4 on my number if I took iphone on my brothers number?

Thanks,
Alex
1st you have to activate the iPhone with iTunes using your brother's sim that will come with it. Then take it out and use it as an iPod till the new jailbreak is out and you will be able to unlock it to use your own sim.

But I really don't know much about if your brother's old sim will be deactivated or not.

Thanks for your reply.

Thanks,
Alex

Yes. It's possible.

That's how I got my iPhone. I used my mom's line because she was eligible for an upgrade. Just explain to them the situation and they will put YOUR number on the new SIM card in the iPhone.

Hold on a second, with who do you have a service now??

What you are trying to do will only work with jailbroken phones if you do not have att service on your sim right now. If understand correctly you are trying to get your brothers upgrade then use your own sim.
in this case it is possible if you have att service already. all you have to do is plug in your brothers old sim activate the phone (make sure you do create a NEW phone in itunes) then cut your your att sim and you are good to go.

Now if you don't have att service right now, then you are screwed b/c you will need a jailbroken iphone and the chances are you are not gonna get one from the stores. Also you do need to have a data package added to your sim

Thanks for your reply.

Thanks,
Alex

Yes. It's possible.

That's how I got my iPhone. I used my mom's line because she was eligible for an upgrade. Just explain to them the situation and they will put YOUR number on the new SIM card in the iPhone.

or do that. They don't care who has the iphone as long as you are willing to pay for the package