What's new

New battery only gets up to 93%

MarkDF

Reaction score
I got a 4S just last week. I noticed this morning when pulling it off the charger (overnight) that the battery was only at 93%. Does this mean I need to re-calibrate the battery level? How is that done? Do I just need to leave it on until it drains completely and then charge it to full? I assume with a level display calibration issue that only affect is that the battery bar may not be accurate, but I'm still getting full battery.

Thanks.

I got a 4S just last week. I noticed this morning when pulling it off the charger (overnight) that the battery was only at 93%. Does this mean I need to re-calibrate the battery level? How is that done? Do I just need to leave it on until it drains completely and then charge it to full? I assume with a level display calibration issue that only affect is that the battery bar may not be accurate, but I'm still getting full battery.

Thanks.

Yeah, just use it like crazy until it shuts itself off automatically and then let it fully charge. If that doesn't work, you might have to restore the phone to factory settings. Something may have gotten messed up sitting in the box, maybe it's been sitting there for months with a non-full charge, who knows.

***Just want to point out I know these batteries don't have a memory problem, and it shouldn't affect anything going forward for you, just saying there may be a file corrupted or something.