What's new

Network Connection Issues on Iphone 4S

GoldenBlaze

Reaction score
I recently bought an iPhone 4S and I've been having issues with the phone jumping off the network, showing the word "searching" instead of AT&T 4G. Also, when I reboot the phone, it takes longer than usual for the phone to connect to the network and I also get the word "searching". I currently have the 5.1 version on my phone and haven't updated it to the new version. I've contacted customer care and they refreshed my network settings but it didn't fix the issue.

Has anyone else had this issue and if so what did you do to fix it? Will the update fix this issue?

Thanks
GB

Sent from my iPhone 4S using iPF.net

You'll have to give the US a bit longer to wake up and start reading all the threads.

If I was to hazard a guess, this sounds like a bad internal antenna for the iPhone. Roughly how many days ago did you get it and was it brand new when you bought it?

Skull One said:
You'll have to give the US a bit longer to wake up and start reading all the threads.

If I was to hazard a guess, this sounds like a bad internal antenna for the iPhone. Roughly how many days ago did you get it and was it brand new when you bought it?

It bought it about 20 days ago brand new from the AT&T premier site through my job.

It bought it about 20 days ago brand new from the AT&T premier site through my job.

That's very good news. That means you can take it in to a AT&T corporate wireless store and have them take a look at it. If someone doesn't come up with a better suggestion today, I would recommend taking it in and have them use one of their iPhones to compare reboot time and time to acquire the cellular tower. That should hopefully show them what is going on.

Skull One said:
That's very good news. That means you can take it in to a AT&T corporate wireless store and have them take a look at it. If someone doesn't come up with a better suggestion today, I would recommend taking it in and have them use one of their iPhones to compare reboot time and time to acquire the cellular tower. That should hopefully show them what is going on.

Ok. Thanks for the advice

Looks like the 5.1.1 update have corrected the issue.

I've had the same problem for about a year now. Started about a month after buying the phone. I only have the problem on my home network. I downloaded 5.1.1 and it seems to have gotten a little better. Away from home I am 3G in my area and I have no problems. After downloading 5.1.1 it seems to go from "searching" to my network all by itself throughout the day. The temp fix is to select "airplane mode" just long enough to disconnect the network, then switch back and it reconnects to network. Everthing still works while phone is in "searching" but seems sluggish.