What's new

iPhone 4 network issues on 6.1+

Crlaozwyn

Reaction score
I have an AT&T iPhone 4 (on AT&T network) with preserved baseband (01.59.00) that works with no issues on 5.1.1. I upgraded to 6.1 last month, but was having network issues so I downgraded back to 5.1.1. I just tried 6.1.2 and am getting the same issues. I can't find anyone else online with my issue, so I think it's time to ask for some help...

My AT&T and 3G connections randomly drop and come back. First 3G will disappear, then AT&T. 3G will come back, followed by the AT&T symbol. I do actually lose data and voice (calls will drop, websites stop loading) when the icons disappear. The phone usually stays connected for about 20 seconds before the process repeats. Worth noting is that I always disable the "Hacktivate Phone" option. Here's what I've tried so far:

1. Upgrade to 6.1x with jailbreak using Sn0wbreeze - restore from backup
2. Upgrade to 6.1x with redsn0w (baseband preservation, no jailbreak) - restore from backup
3. Reset "Network Settings"
4. Reset "All Settings"
5. Install UltraSn0w. Uninstall it when it doesn't help.
6. Upgrade to 6.1x without SIM card plugged in - restore from backup
7. Upgrade to 6.1x without jailbreak - no restore. At this point, I realized the network issues happen as SOON as the phone is activated, so it's not a bad restore.

Any thoughts before I downgrade to 5.1.1 again? Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the quick response - yeah, tried that as well as upgrading the evasi0n tweak in Cydia. Should've mentioned in OP, sorry.

EDIT: On the ultrasn0w fixer repo, I found an FAQ with a situation similar to mine. The fix would take a few hours to try and it's too late to start tonight, but I'll give it a try tomorrow and post the link in case it works and anyone else has the same issue.

Last edited:
i have the exact same problem as you are experiencing with my iPhone 4s. When i first got the phone everything was absolutely fine, but ever since i upgraded to 6.1 i have had non stop problems with my phone. i now am experiencing problems with my 3G where my signal bars drop dramatically, i receive text messages very delayed and near enough all of my phone calls drop. Can you please tell me how to downgrade to 5.1.1 again please because i have tried so much to find a solution, so now downgrading is my only option.