What's new

Netflix app not working suddenly...

SterlingRex

Reaction score
The title about sums it up.
It worked a few days ago. Works on my Android tablet. Account is good.
Rebooted, uninstalled & reinstalled, etc. Crash Reporter shows nothing recent.
The app starts, the loading indicator swirls around for a bit, and after about 15-20 seconds, the screen goes white.
4S, jailbroken. Tried with and witnout the Netflix app listed in 3G Unrestrictor.
Google search (old info) turned up a fix by going into settings, selecting Netflix, and resetting it. But there is no such option. it only shows the version number.

Very possible that Netflix put in a poison pill for jail broken devices. They are technically required by contract with the content providers to make sure their data can not be easily captured thru their players.

I just tried Netflix on my 4S with no issues.

It's working on my wii and jailbroken 4 as we speak, seemed slow loading on my phone but worked

Sigh... It's been nearly a week since I saw it working. That's like two months for an app whore like myself. I have no idea how much app I've smoked scince then!
Well, now begins the pains taking chore of backtracking what I installed that might've killed me Netflix.

-On that note, is there an accessable log that lists the chronology of installed apps & tweaks?

It's not uncommon for netflixs to randomly go down, maybe contact them before you go changing your phone?