What's new

need to type in password on slightly broken screen

robrev6

Reaction score
alright, so i dropped my iphone and the screen is badly cracked. i can see what i'm doing fine, but i cant use the far right side of the screen. i need to unlock it so i can back up my photos, etc. for my replacement, but i cant press one of the numbers. when i try to back it up on itunes, i need to enter the password on the phone first and there is my problem.if it helps at all the phone is jailbroken and has androidlock xt installed. i can bypass that with safe mode but then i get stuck at the factory lock screen. Anybody have some advice?

Ledsteplin

Reaction score
alright, so i dropped my iphone and the screen is badly cracked. i can see what i'm doing fine, but i cant use the far right side of the screen. i need to unlock it so i can back up my photos, etc. for my replacement, but i cant press one of the numbers. when i try to back it up on itunes, i need to enter the password on the phone first and there is my problem.if it helps at all the phone is jailbroken and has androidlock xt installed. i can bypass that with safe mode but then i get stuck at the factory lock screen. Anybody have some advice?
Would it help to type it in landscape mode?

John723

Reaction score
If landscape mode doesn't help you then It would be a problem. Moreover this problem can make you struck in some other functions as well so it's better to get the device repaired.

Most reactions

Latest posts