What's new

Apple-ID email and password

naushi

Reaction score
I keep seeing this message popping up on my iphone 'Enter AppleID password' . I see someone else's email on it. I need to change the email to mine and then enter my password. I cant find a way to do it. Please help.

I keep seeing this message popping up on my iphone 'Enter AppleID password' . I see someone else's email on it. I need to change the email to mine and then enter my password. I cant find a way to do it. Please help.
I had a similar experience. It was my old Apple ID that kept showing when I was trying to get my new phone set up. I had changed the ID a few days before getting my new phone. Neither Verizon nor Apple could figure it out. I finally found my problem. I had not changed my Apple ID for FaceTime in my settings. Everything that requires an Apple ID has to be changed to your Apple ID (email). Check in settings and be sure iCloud, FaceTime and everything else shows your Apple ID.

You will have to find the original owner and have them log off, restore the phone and then you can enter your own credentials.

Last edited:
Thanks for quick reply. My son somehow put his email on my Ipad so when I do anything in my Ipad or iphone the message pops up to type my sons password because it is his email under the ID. When I go to my account it does not highlight the email - it highlights the password box. Same with mail - it has his email but I cant change it. It does not allow me. So my question is how do I replace his email with mine.

Did you try a reset

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Try to sign out of the account completely

Thanks for quick reply. My son somehow put his email on my Ipad so when I do anything in my Ipad or iphone the message pops up to type my sons password because it is his email under the ID. When I go to my account it does not highlight the email - it highlights the password box. Same with mail - it has his email but I cant change it. It does not allow me. So my question is how do I replace his email with mine.

You can't switch it to your account until you sign out of his. Get his password and turn his account off then sign in with yours. A reset will not fix this problem. You must sign out of his account first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello everyone I have a iPod and iPhone 4 and want to help others with there iOS device problems