What's new

need to type in password on slightly broken screen

robrev6

Reaction score
alright, so i dropped my iphone and the screen is badly cracked. i can see what i'm doing fine, but i cant use the far right side of the screen. i need to unlock it so i can back up my photos, etc. for my replacement, but i cant press one of the numbers. when i try to back it up on itunes, i need to enter the password on the phone first and there is my problem.if it helps at all the phone is jailbroken and has androidlock xt installed. i can bypass that with safe mode but then i get stuck at the factory lock screen. Anybody have some advice?

alright, so i dropped my iphone and the screen is badly cracked. i can see what i'm doing fine, but i cant use the far right side of the screen. i need to unlock it so i can back up my photos, etc. for my replacement, but i cant press one of the numbers. when i try to back it up on itunes, i need to enter the password on the phone first and there is my problem.if it helps at all the phone is jailbroken and has androidlock xt installed. i can bypass that with safe mode but then i get stuck at the factory lock screen. Anybody have some advice?
Would it help to type it in landscape mode?

If landscape mode doesn't help you then It would be a problem. Moreover this problem can make you struck in some other functions as well so it's better to get the device repaired.