What's new

Need new phone

JoeBCool

Reaction score
My old verizon phone is shot and I was wondering about getting the 8 gb iPhone. BTW, I am a senior(65+) and am thinking of the 8 gb because I do not have the need for all the extras but want this excellent phone none the less. Any thoughts and replies will be appreciated.
Joe in PA

Last edited:
well if you go for 8GB you would need to get the 3gs because the iphone 4 is not available on 8GB its 16 or 16GB

iPhone 4 & iPhone 3GS - Apple Store (U.S.)

or

iPhone 4 & iPhone 3GS - Apple Store (UK)

now there is not much difference in the two maybe you would like the feel of the 3gs better in your hand or the 4 in my opinion you should hold the both at an apple store see what you like more. they both work the same in making calls and texts and so on so the only differences flash on the camera and shape of the phone and if you want to move to att

Just go for the iphone4 16gb. I wouldn't buy a last generation phone because whatever next year brings you don't want to be left out because the 3GS will then be 2years old.

Just go for the iphone4 16gb. I wouldn't buy a last generation phone because whatever next year brings you don't want to be left out because the 3GS will then be 2years old.

Agreed but since he said he does not care about the gadgets i thought maybe even the 3gs would be worth looking at. :)

but i 100% agree with you the iphone 4 would be better to buy the 16GB version.

I am 66 years young and I have the iphone 4, 16gb, which I thought would be more than enough for me as it is my first high tech phone. Now that I am having so much fun with it, I am wondering if I should have gone for the 32gb instead. I never expected to enjoy a phone as much as this one.

In less than 2 months I have used over half the memory so far. I uploaded lots of photos(1500+), and very few short videos, that I like to show others whenever I get a chance. My apps take up just over 2gb and I don't think I am finished yet with so many apps to choose from.

Last edited:
hehe sounds like maybe 32 would of been better but after a while you do slow down. maybe even 16 will be enough. with my 32 its too much but i rather have too much then not enough, but then things pop up that you need to use a tong of space for, games movies pdf files ebooks anything can take up space and you end up wanting more. its why i always get the highest amount possible