What's new

Need help with YouTube

Antman x7x

Reaction score
So when I use the YouTube app that came with the iPhone. It won't load videos. I try playing them and it take forever so I just exit out. So then I went on safari and loaded up YouTube and it loads videos instantly. I want to use the app tho for it's convienence. Any help? And all of this is on a fast wi-fi connection.

Last edited:
I too experience this. Even before jailbreaking i had this problem but only for certain videos. Also this is only a problem it seems over wifi. On 3g the videos (non hd) load up all the time. I just stick to safari youtube anyway, because there are more features through the browser (you can switch back and forth from mobile and desktop view).

use m.youtube.com replace the stock youtube by adding that addy as a shortcut

Exactly what i did. Its faster and nicer. I just dragged the stock one into a folder i have most of the other stock ones in (Compass, Stocks, Etc.).

I agree that the app is more convenient. I always prefer using an app over the browser. I actually just recently found an app called NewTube. It only came out a few days ago and I dont think many ppl are aware of it. Its pretty good you should see what you think!

Last edited: