What's new

Need help with my iPhone 3G

hcezio3

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I'm not really familiar with iPhone and jailbreaking.
My iPhone 3G was jailbroken (I'm not sure about other details). I didn't know that we can't reset a jailbroken iphone like a stock iphone and I tried to reset it. It's stuck on the Apple logo. I've done some searching around forums and it seems I need to get the phone into the DFU mode to restore it. The first step is turning off the phone. But, the phone wouldn't turn off ! My power button is broken ! It's still stuck in the Apple logo (and there isn't a loading circle with the logo as I've seen in some videos). I tried the other steps of getting the phone into DFU mode but with no luck it's always stuck in the Apple logo. The screen seems to go black every couple of minutes for a very short time and then again the Apple logo (about 10 minutes between these). Do I wait for the battery to drain and then try home button and plug in the computer to get in recovery mode and restore it ?
Please help I really need to fix my phone asap. I really appreciate any kind of help !
Thank you.

Last edited:
pretty much. drain the battery, put your device into recovery mode as mentioned, and it should be detected by your PC now. Then create a DFU IPSW for the latest iOS of your device, which is 4.2.1, and use the DFU IPSW with iTunes to put the device to DFU, then restore the device using a clean 4.2.1

Sent from my iPad via Tapatalk

Thanks for answering, I really appreciate it. Does anybody know how long it would take to drain the battery ? It's been almost 4 hours since the device is rebooting.
But anyway, not really an issue. Again, thank you, I really appreciate your help. :D

It depends on how much is left on the device to be honest. Can't gauge it without knowing the current capacity. But assuming the Apple logo is stuck there (or better yet if it's logo looping meaning it stays on the logo, then turns off and reboots itself and repeats), generally I would say probably a day tops.

Thanks for the answer :D
I succeeded in opening recovery mode, and I did all the steps needed for DFU IPSW. But, when I flash through iTunes, I get error 37, and the device's screen goes black. At this point iTunes recognises it but I'm not sure I'm in DFU mode because when I tried to restore it through iTunes I got another error (error 1015 ?)
I don't really need jailbreak I just need my phone to work. Can't I just open recovery mode and hit the restore button ??
Please help me out I'm really stuck !

Last edited: