What's new

Need help with iPhone 4 jailbreak SNAFU... Stuck on error codes 10 / 2005

Alright so yeah, not a lot of hope for me. There were no usable blobs saved on Cydia's server from the previous jailbreak. Lol I'm no longer in denial that this iphone won't get unlocked even though I'm pissed at myself for the mistakes. I validated with Telus (carrier for this phone) and they do not sim unlock phones. Well they do, but not iphones.
So on to the classifieds it's going! I'll just sell it off and see about finding one that's either locked to the right carrier or still on an older baseband so I can unlock it like I should have done originally.

What really threw me off was that it was previously jailbroken... what was the right course of action in order to do a full wipe on the iphone without upgrading the baseband??

Regardless, I want to thank you guys for taking the time to explain all this to me in such detail. Really appreciated.

you where on the righttrack with that second tutorial where you have to preserve the baseband if you buy a phone with an unlockable baseband but you screwed up by doing a standard restore. NEVER DO A STANDARD ITUNES RESTORE, YOU SHOULD ALWAYS CREATE A CUSTOM ISPW AND USE THAT! A STANDARD ITUNES RESTORE SHOULD BE A LAST RESORT AND IF YOU DO IT ON A 4S IT IS IRREVERSIBLE AND THERE IS NO JAILBREAK FOR 5.1 THAT THE RESTORE WILL PUT YOU ON.

To be honest though your gonna struggle buying a phone with an unlockable baseband as most people will just click then itunes restore button before they sell it to erase all there content and probably alot will do this just to hide the fact it has been jaibroken. You're probably best looking for a phone that is advertised as jailbroken and already unlocked with its baseband presereved and then learn how to updte it yourself without losing the unlock.

Have you seen that 5.1 has been jailbroken on the ipad2 tonight it would seem iphone4 will be very soon my friend i also am waiting for it ;-)

jockmcd said:
Have you seen that 5.1 has been jailbroken on the ipad2 tonight it would seem iphone4 will be very soon my friend i also am waiting for it ;-)

Do you mean iPhone 4S. iOS 5.1 had a tethers jailbreak immediately after Apple released it. All iPhone 4 and any A4 device firmwares will always have a tethered jailbreak. No matter what.

Well, Stefan Esser is at it again. He has discovered an exploit in 5.1 and has successfully jailbroken his iPad2. We can assume that this exploit will most likely exist on the new iPad as well which is great for those who pre-ordered and are looking forward to being able to jailbreak.

Well, Stefan Esser is at it again. He has discovered an exploit in 5.1 and has successfully jailbroken his iPad2. We can assume that this exploit will most likely exist on the new iPad as well which is great for those who pre-ordered and are looking forward to being able to jailbreak.

Well?????.....is it Bootrom or userland?

Ima go ahead an say it's gonna be userland......unfortunately.