What's new

Need help to restore my iPhone

xavier1970

Reaction score
Hi guys I need to restore my iPhone 4 iOS 6.0 cause it lost the Settings menu. I dont have SHSH blobs saved. My question is: If I get the blobs of this very same version from the device with iFaith and stich them to a custom IPSW, Will I be able to restore without iTunes warning me about 31xx errors? Thank you for any help.

For the iPhone 4, as long as you have SHSH blobs for an iOS, you can use iFaith (Windows only) to stitch a custom IPSW to restore with. However, the twist is that you must be on iTunes 11.0.5 or below, or the IPSW will give you issues.

3194 is a host issue. On contrary to other guides, do not use TinyUmbrella. Strictly use iFaith and iTunes to do everything. If you've used TinyUmbrella in the past for your device, head over to your host directory, and remove any gs.apple.com hosts that are not commented out. In the same directory, delete the host.umbrella file. Since you're using iFaith, I'm assuming we're using a Windows terminal. If so, open up Command Prompt, and run "ipconfig /flushdns" with the quotes. Then go ahead and proceed by following iFaith's instructions

But the first thing I said is that I dont have SHSH blobs saved for any version. As far as I am concerned iFaith can retrieve the blobs of the iOS currently installed on the device and save them locally. Will it work if I stich them to a custom IPSW and restore with iTunes? Yes, I m using Win7 terminal

Assuming the iOS is being signed. Unless you specifically have blobs saved on your device, it will not retrieve any blobs off of your device. iFaith's ability to retrieve fragmented blobs was only applicable to iOS 4 and below for the iPhone 4 and below. iOS 5 introduced APTickets which cannot be forged like regular blobs did.

Is there any way to restore to iOS 6.0 without the blobs? In case I cant, what's the latest firmware Apple is signing? The point is that I dont want to upgrade to a firmware that cant be jailbroken.

Is there any way to restore to iOS 6.0 without the blobs? In case I cant, what's the latest firmware Apple is signing? The point is that I dont want to upgrade to a firmware that cant be jailbroken.
Without blobs, you can't restore to anything other than the latest version of iOS, which, as of this afternoon, is iOS 7.0.3. This means no jailbreak until one is released for iOS 7.

scifan57; iPhone Forums Moderator

Without blobs, you can't restore to anything other than the latest version of iOS, which, as of this afternoon, is iOS 7.0.3. This means no jailbreak until one is released for iOS 7.

scifan57; iPhone Forums Moderator

This. There are no backdoors, no hacks, no cheats, no "secret methods" that will allow you to do so. It's a mandatory requirement if you want to restore to anything outside of the latest iOS available for any device with the exception of the first legacy devices such as the iPod Touch 1st/2nd Gen and the iPhone 2G