What's new

IOS 6 downgrade iphone 4

gpday

Reaction score
What am I doing wrong? I can downgrade to 5.0.1,but not 5.1.1. What is wrong, anyone able to help? I have my shsh blobs for 5.0.1 and 5.1.1 and have stiched them to the ispw's and the 5.0.1 works and the 5.1.1 doesn't.I have even downloaded the ispw'a 3 times and still the same. 5.1.1 errors 3194. But with 5.0.1 no errors at all. I ma lost on this one. Thanks for your time.

Did you try this??

1. Download stock iOS 5.1.1 IPSW.
2. Download redsn0w 0.9.15b2
3. Run redsn0w as administrator in windows.
4. Click Extras button.
5. Click SHSH blobs button.
6. Click Query button to see what blobs Cydia has for device.
7. If Cydia has required blobs, Click Stitch button.
8. Click IPSW button-browse for downloaded 5.1.1 IPSW file.
9. Click Blobs-Cydia button to stitch remote Cydia stored blobs to IPSW.(or could do local if you have
them local).
10. Let Process and finish. It will take a few minutes.
11. Click Back button-Click Pwned DFU to put in pwned DFU mode-follow onscreen instructions.
12. Once in pwned DFU mode, close redsn0w, launch iTunes.
13. iTunes will see device in "recovery" mode. Click Check button.
14. Hold down Shift key, click Restore button. Browse to that stitched IPSW file
you created.Select it.
15.Wait for restore to finish as normal. JB as normal(or not)...Enjoy!

I tried all of that,but since my post I have downgraded to 5.1.1. What I did was use an ispw that had no BB in it,then took the same ispw that keep erroring and loaded that over the top and all worked fine. Don't know what else it could be. Thanks for your help!

Even i tried downgrading after 1 day of using ios6 (yeah, it sucks), but apparently you cant downgrade if you have not saved your shsh blobs

First i buy a relatively costly phone. Then i am on the whim an fancy of apple. I cant even use apps that i want to use, such as google maps and iblacklist

Also i cant uninstall apps that are useless till now like apple (tom tom) maps and passbook

bbrks said:
Did you try this??

1. Download stock iOS 5.1.1 IPSW.
2. Download redsn0w 0.9.15b2
3. Run redsn0w as administrator in windows.
4. Click Extras button.
5. Click SHSH blobs button.
6. Click Query button to see what blobs Cydia has for device.
7. If Cydia has required blobs, Click Stitch button.
8. Click IPSW button-browse for downloaded 5.1.1 IPSW file.
9. Click Blobs-Cydia button to stitch remote Cydia stored blobs to IPSW.(or could do local if you have
them local).
10. Let Process and finish. It will take a few minutes.
11. Click Back button-Click Pwned DFU to put in pwned DFU mode-follow onscreen instructions.
12. Once in pwned DFU mode, close redsn0w, launch iTunes.
13. iTunes will see device in "recovery" mode. Click Check button.
14. Hold down Shift key, click Restore button. Browse to that stitched IPSW file
you created.Select it.
15.Wait for restore to finish as normal. JB as normal(or not)...Enjoy!

I will try this today.
I really hope cydia saved my shsh blob automatically previously.
I'll get back with my founding.

You can check with Tiny Umbrella if and what SHSH are saved for your phone.

Red snow has 5.1.1 blob saved online but after stitching the ipsw file I still got error 1394

There are many tutorials on the net, how to fix that. It has to do with hosts file.

Edit your host file and remove any "gs.apple.com" lines. If applicable, delete the "hosts.umbrella" file that should be in the same directory as your regular Hosts file. Make sure iTunes is closed and the process ended before changing it. After changing it, open up command prompt and run the line "ipconfig /flushdns" to clear out your cache. Then retry.