What's new

thinking about Ios 6 for my ip4

Brian4

Reaction score
If I download iOS 6 for my iPhone 4, will I have to downgrade back to 5.1.1 in order to receive the update when they push it in the fall?

Is it worth it to download now? How stable is it at this point?

Nope. Just figured I'd check it out lol

Ahh...gotcha. Thanks for the heads up! Are you running it on your phone? If so, how's it running?

Brian4 said:
Ahh...gotcha. Thanks for the heads up! Are you running it on your phone? If so, how's it running?

Nope. Not running. Its not gonna be stable til beta 5 or 6

You don't HAVE to be a developer to run the beta and ios 6 beta 2 is actually quite stable. There are still some things that are not fully baked or implemented yet (e.g. maps and passbook)

zilap said:
You don't HAVE to be a developer to run the beta and ios 6 beta 2 is actually quite stable. There are still some things that are not fully baked or implemented yet (e.g. maps and passbook)

Yes you do, or have your udid registered with a developer.

Yes you do, or have your udid registered with a developer.
That's not at all true. I am neither of those things and I am running it. Try looking around on Google and you will see that your statement is not true.

You surely can install iOS6, but actually, I did, and ever since then my wifi is dropping. It's really annoying.
But maybe it's just my router. But then, all my other other gadgets work.

Mike_73 said:
You surely can install iOS6, but actually, I did, and ever since then my wifi is dropping. It's really annoying.
But maybe it's just my router. But then, all my other other gadgets work.

ios 6 betas wont be very stable until 5-7