What's new

Need help restoring my device, thanks

HUNTER1

Reaction score
I posted this at the iPad forum as we'll.
My ipad 1 is on 5.1.1, I updated the cydia files and now it wont open so I tried to do a restore DFU mode by installing the same firmware. I tried several times but iTunes wont recongnize my ipad at all, it says cant found ipad. My usb cable is fine because I tested it with my iphone and itunes opened up. Is there anything else I could try before calling it quits? thanks

I posted this at the iPad forum as we'll.
My ipad 1 is on 5.1.1, I updated the cydia files and now it wont open so I tried to do a restore DFU mode by installing the same firmware. I tried several times but iTunes wont recongnize my ipad at all, it says cant found ipad. My usb cable is fine because I tested it with my iphone and itunes opened up. Is there anything else I could try before calling it quits? thanks
Try placing your iPad in recovery mode and doing the restore from there. If you can t update or restore your iPhone iPad or iPod touch - Apple Support

I did but somehow it keeps telling me that the USB cable is malfunctioned and when I go thru the shift restore it doesn't recognize the device. I just restored this iPad and iPhone 2 months ago with DFU method using the same cable and went fine. Looks like I'm going to need a replacement, unless I can figure this out.

Did you try a different USB socket on your computer? Maybe the one you have been using is defective?

I did by connecting my iPhone and was fine, don't know what else to try.

Do you have a different USB cable you can try? Maybe the one you've been using just became defective.

I have two and tried them both. I'm going to uninstall and reinstall iTunes tomorrow and uninstall my antivirus as we'll. I know when I restores two months ago I didn't have norton a it virus, you think it could be the problem? I'm looking into iPad mini at this time for replacement, but still hoping not.

I have two and tried them both. I'm going to uninstall and reinstall iTunes tomorrow and uninstall my antivirus as we'll. I know when I restores two months ago I didn't have norton a it virus, you think it could be the problem? I'm looking into iPad mini at this time for replacement, but still hoping not.
You don't have to uninstall the anti virus program but you should turn it off until after the restore is completed. Anti virus programs are known to interfere with restoring iPhones and other iOS devices.

Last edited:
No luck, now it's throwing a 1602 error code. I'm looking to replace it now with IPad Mini, just not sure which one.

Try deleting the device driver and hard rebooting your computer with the iPad unplugged. After the reboot, plug the iPad back in and it should theoretically install the driver again assuming it's a driver issue. Also, download RedSn0w 0.9.X and plug the iPad in, and see if RedSn0w recognizes it.

No luck. I'm thinking of using tiny umbrella to kick it out of recovery, what do you think?