What's new

Need help recovering contacts without iTunes

jjski6

Reaction score
Hi,

So about a week ago, my iPhone got wet. I have been letting it sit in rice and just turned it back on today. The screen does not work, however the device still works(I can tell because it vibrates when you plug it in and such). I plugged it in to my computer to try to back up my contacts however iTunes says "iTunes cannot read the contents of your phone". Even though iTunes cant connect, I can access the hard drive of the phone through windows explorer. I was able to recover all of my pictures from the folders on my phones hard drive through windows explorer, but I cannot get my contacts. Is there any ways I can recover my contacts?

Thanks for the help!

itools is a great utility to recover contacts from your phone. It's free and works great. If you're not using iCloud that is.

Hey I know I'm new, but I have used something called wondershare dr phone for iPhone and it worked to get my contacts and pictures, I was looking for something else but found this

It may be of help to you

thankershow said:
The only way to get them, since you gave the phone to Apple, is to get them from a backup. So, restore from a backup, then <MODERATOR EDIT; EXTERNAL LINK REMOVED>this time to either Outlook or WAB, then restore as new and sync the contacts back to the iPhone.

Please, no external links. Please read the forum rules. http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/f...um-rules-please-read-respect-our-rules-30950/

12.2. You may not include any external links. This includes e-mail addresses, Facebook pages, Twitter accounts, blog sites, etc. Please note this is for external links; you may link to posts within iPhoneForums.

Hey, don&#146;t worry. It is possible to recover your deleted text message, doesn&#146;t waste time on common hard drive data recovery, since it won&#146;t works for iPhone as iPhone use NAND flash drive, not SSD, therefore, it won&#146;t recognize iOS devices.

I collected two methods to recover lost contacts from iOS devices:

Method 1: Restore from your iCloud backup
Restore from your iCloud backup, if you used iCloud to backup your phone, see iCloud: Backup and restore overview, or estore from a backup you made with iTunes on your mac or PC.

Method 2: recover with iPhone data recovery software
Even the data was deleted from iPhone, but it is still stored in the NAND flash drive, with iPhone data recovery, uses can easily restore deleted data from iPhone,
Read this article: how to recover contacts from iPhone only one click without backup.

Suggestion: It is highly recommended to have a regular backup for your iPhone in order to minimize you&#146;re lost of iPhone.

Moderation notice: This post has been edited by the iPhoneForums staff in accordance with theForum Rules No External Links

Last edited by a moderator: