What's new

Iphone data after erase

jsm3131

Reaction score
This may be a stupid question however I am looking to sell my damaged Iphoen 4 and I am nervous about data from a previous phone pictures and what not. I had pictures and contacts on my iphone 3g that i deleted from the phone and then before getting rid of that phone I synced it with itunes and then transefered my phone information to the new iphone 4. I know that everything is able to be recovered from a hard drive even after it is deleted but my question is is it possible for deleted data on a hard drive on the iphone 3g to be transfered to the new iphone 4 when syncing through itunes. I just want to make sure none of the deleted data from the 3g would be on the iphone 4 before selling it. Thanks for any help anyone can give.

Settings > General > Reset > Erase all contents and settings. You may need to plug it into iTunes and set it up as new phone...

Thanks I did that before i damaged the phone and never restored the phone after doing the reset on the phone. I am being paranoid but is it possible that the info on the 3g even though deleted could be transfered during a sync?

Also after doing the reset all contents and settings i was not able to log back in create a new phone.

It's not possible to get the deleted data now from the 3g on the iphone 4 now !