What's new

NEED HELP, Iphone 4 is no restoring error 1004, never been jailbroken?

umarrehman187

Reaction score
i today went on itunes and tried to restore my iphone 4 i have done it 3 times now and it keeps brigning cannot restore error 1004 up then the phone goes in reocvery mode and i cannot do nothing, i have never jailbroken it i have downloaded tiny umrella but never used itan i do?

i had the same problem. what i did was locate the host files and deleted the gs.apple.com entry.

i beleive the location is

c:\windows\system32\host?( or etc) something along those lines and open up the host file and delete that entry and save it.

thanks i just downloaded this app called recboo which just kicked my iphone out of recovery and everything was like new lol

well i tried deleting that but i still get the same message, however when i do go on drivers system32 etc, there another host file but the file type says UMBRELLA has everyone got that or is it cuz i installed tiny umbrella and it added a file to the drivers, etc?

The hosts file is located in C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc

What it does is adding static DNS entry. If you are on Windows 7 or Vista you have to have administrative rights to edit it.