What's new

Need help accessing www.iCloud.com from an iPhone

Archertina

Reaction score
Imagine this scenario: I am an iPhone user who uses an Apple email address (XXXXXX.mac.com). I find myself out somewhere needing to check my email but I don't have my iPhone with me. Thankfully, I am with a friend who has an iPhone and he gladly offers to let me use his iPhone to check my email. So, I grab his phone and use Safari go to www.icloud.com to sign in and be able to check my email through the browser.

Sounds simple, right? Not really.... The web page detects that I am calling from an iPhone and won't let me access the email service. It imagines that I am the phone's main user and that I should be accessing my email through the phone's Mail app.

Anyone have any way around this other than setting up a temporary account on my friend's phone or switching email service providers?

Can it really be the case that I CANNOT just check my mac.com or me.com email somehow on someone else's iPhone?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Archertina

Have a fondness for odd ball challenges. Just spent the last 20 minutes testing 5 web browsers on my iPhone to see if I could make iCloud work from the web. Tried Safari, Mercury, Dolphin, Opera Mini and Atomic Lite. Tried changing referrer ID for the browsers and sadly not one of them worked. Got one of 3 screens back. The screen you saw, a flat out "won't work" or a "ignore and continue" which didn't work as well.

And this is rather shocking in some respects. Will continue to dwell on it, but from my initial tests, don't hold out much hope.

I have tried messing with this myself.

Every time I went to www.icloud.com it just asked me to setup on the device.

However I DID FIGURE OUT how to make it load like it does on the desktop browser.

You have to be jailbroken...and you have to have "UserAgent Faker" installed and toggled on

As soon as I enabled UserAgentFaker icloud.com loaded just like it does on a desktop bowser.

However I couldn't do anything. I seen the Mail app icon, and part of the Contacts app icon...but the screen is still...you cannot scroll, tap on any icons or anything...so when making Safari think it was a desktop browser didn't fully work...the site loaded like it does on a desktop..but you cannot access anything once it loads.

Interesting.lol.

Wow! You guys are good. Thanks for trying. I'll keep an eye on this thread to see if anyone ends up finding a workable solution. Meanwhile, I have another "oddball" challenge that I'll put on another thread.